Who should attend
- Mid to senior level managers who are aspiring to more senior roles
- Business owners who are contemplating new opportunities
- Professionals who want a solid foundation to deliver effective keynotes, pitches and inspire effective and efficient communication throughout their organization.
About the course
The goal of this full-day course is to provide evidence-based strategies for designing and delivering effective and engaging presentations.
Whether you are training staff, pitching a proposal, or marketing to potential clients, understanding how to enhance your message for focus, clarity, and engagement will help your audience retain information for the long-term.
The three areas in which you will improve your presentation skills are:
- Structure, Story and Message
- Multimedia Design Principles for Effective Slide Design
- Rehearsal and Delivery
- Real-Time application of skills learned throughout the day to solidify your understanding
- Analyze before and after improvements in structure, visuals and delivery of presentations to evoke higher-level critical thinking
- Solve hands on activities with diverse group members to broaden your perspective
- Give you the tools to build structure into your presentations.
- Identify effective visuals and put them into practice.
- Complete your presentation with effective delivery methods to motivate a call to action.
- Culminating on the delivery of a complete POWERFUL presentation.
Department of Psychology, Neuroscience & Behaviour, McMaster University Joe Kim is an Associate Professor in Psychology, Neuroscience and Behaviour at McMaster University and is actively involved in the scholarship of teaching and learning. He co-ordinates the innovative McMaster Introductor...
Paulina Rzeczkowska is an image creator & visual communicator. Working primarily for the scientific community at McMaster University in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada, she supports scientists in digital media projects ranging from photography and videography to web design and consulting on multime...
Dr. Faria Sana co-directs the directs the Education and Cognition Lab and has extensive experience in optimal learning research and has published widely in education and cognition. She is an Assistant Professor in the Center for Psychology at Athabasca University and Adjunct Professor in Psychol...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.