About the course
As managers climb the ladder of responsibility in an organization, they find that the role of the leader changes at each level. Not only do the pressures and responsibilities change, but their orientation to time changes as well. This workshop examines the dynamic role of the leader, including the competencies and mindset needed at different levels. This workshop blends interactive discussion with leadership theory and case study to explore the role of the leader.
- Addressing leadership myths
- Building a model of leadership
- Comparing leadership and management
- Exploring growth through stages of leadership
- Learning a model of leadership styles
- Applying learning to case situations
- Understand the competencies needed for effective leadership and identify their own strengths and weaknesses.
- Learn the differences between management and leadership and why both are necessary.
- Recognize their own learning journey and what experiences informed their current understanding of leadership.
- Apply different leadership styles to different situations.
Rik is an organizational psychologist who helps clients maximize their organizational and leadership development efforts. Rik’s skills allow him to bring a third-party objectivity to the process that helps companies overcome their internal barriers to success. He has worked with clients across in...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.