Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with IMS.Full disclaimer.
About the course
In this session you will learn about 7 ways to grow your leadership abilities and foster resilience on the part of yourself and those you lead. You will receive a personal profile of your strengths and weaknesses across the 5 strengths that make an excellent and resilient leader - Integrity, Mentoring, Aligned Values, Results, & Connection to the job. We will evaluate your top leadership priorities and learn if the time allocated to each is a match. We will assess your self rating of your leadership abilities and determine whether you tend to overestimate those abilities. And then we ll delve into 5 concrete skills to boost each of the 5 strengths of resilient leadership. Participants will learn how to convey integrity to direct reports, about the Optimism Gap that exists between leaders and employees (and how to bridge it); and how to align personal values with the values of your organization for optimal performance on the part of both individuals and teams.
Time Allocation - Topics
- <5% Nailing Down the Concept - What Makes an Excellent and Resilient Leader?
- 5% Your Leadership Strengths and Weaknesses
- Participants complete the Leadership Excellence Inventory (LEI) before coming to the workshop
- Review of your highs and lows on the 5 ingredients that make for excellent and resilient leadership
- 5%Skill 1- Coaching your Strength Participants form into 5 groups based on their greatest Resilient Leadership strength and offers them to the group as a whole
- 5% Skill 2 - Reworking your Leadership Priorities
- Centers on information gathered in the prework on how you prioritize the 5 strengths of a great leader and how much time you spend on each
- 15%Skill 3 - Effective Mentoring
- The effect of the thinking style
- Explanatory Style, on Problem Solving
- How to lead across that Optimism Gap
- 15% Skill 4 - Showing Integrity
- Creating an even playing field, not playing favorites, being fair
- Empathy – how to feel it, how to express it
- 15%Skill 5 - Aligning Values The 4 types of employees and values
- The critical nature of aligning values
- 15% Skill 6 Boosting Results
- How to boost results through greater Mentoring, Integrity, and aligned Values
- 15%Skill 7 - Leaders as Connectors 3 levels of connection to a job
- 5%Your Resilient Leadership Action Plan
- Primary -- LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT: Adaptability, Commitment, Communication, Decisiveness, Empathy, Initiative, Motivation, Persistence
- Secondary -- PLANNING/ORGANIZING: Problem Identification, Selecting and Organizing Information, Analysis, Evaluating Alternative Solutions, Developing Specific Plans
- Tertiary -- EXECUTING/CONTROLLING/EVALUATING: Decision Making, Use of Authority, Delegation, Direction, Coordination, Guidance, Discipline
Trust the experts
Dr. Andrew Shatté is the founder and President of Phoenix Life Academy. He is a fellow with the Brookings Institution where he facilitates programs for high-level audiences from the Department of Defense, Homeland Security, the IRS, NASA, the CIA, and all branches of the military. He served as ad...