Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.
Who should attend
- Managers in the early stages of their career responsible for influencing and motivating others and building a high performance team culture
- Early-to-mid career high potential managers who have at least one year’s experience in a management role
About the course
Essentials of leadership
This highly-rewarding program enables ambitious managers and those in early leadership careers to achieve future success via a practical understanding of organisational leadership.
You will gain a clear understanding of the core elements of successful leadership.
The course is run by highly qualified and experienced industry practitioners who have worked with global brands and public sector bodies. It also provides a unique opportunity to meet and work with people in similar roles across a diverse range of organisations.
- Core elements of successful leadership including communication, engagement and resilience.
- Identify your strengths as a leader and how you can enhance your career performance.
- Develop ‘big picture’ skills to broaden strategic perspective
This program teaches practical skills and tools you can apply directly in your workplace immediately after completing the course. It covers key areas such as team building, communication, personal and leadership styles, change management and resilience, giving you a deep understanding of these themes and how to master them as a leader.
You will learn to:
- Identify your strengths as a leader
- Enhance your awareness of how you are currently tracking in your career
- Take a ‘reality check’ of the skills demanded and gain an understanding of successful business leadership
- Explore future development options and identify the most important skills for higher-level leadership.
What you'll learn
Day 1: Leadership
- Introduction to leadership
- Learning from positive and negative role models
- Transactional and transformational leadership
Day 2: Leading for employee engagement
- Driving a high performing team
- Collaboration and innovation
- Mindfulness and resilience
- Mindsets and leadership
Day 3: Developing self-awareness
- Personal motivational value systems
- Influencing others
- Approaches to conflict
- Detailed action planning
Paul Kirkbride has worked as an academic, organisational change and leadership consultant, and Chief Learning Officer for a Fortune 500 and two of the world’s top executive leaders. Prior to joining Macquarie Business School (MGSM), Professor Kirkbride was Deputy Dean, Executive Education at Melb...
Colleen is an organisational psychologist with 20 years of human capital and organisational development experience, earned through both corporate and consulting roles. Her work has focused on producing tangible improvements in leadership and organisational effectiveness in organisations across Au...
Videos and materials
Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.