About the course
The MicroInequities program instructs leaders how to uncover the subtle micromessages that represent the cornerstone of how we are all motivated to perform differently in the workplace. Micromessages rest squarely in the arena of Unconscious Bias. These micromessages are conveyed through gestures, tone, nuance, inflection, inference and syntax. They transcend the actual words we use and are the underpinnings that establish a corporate culture. The program explores the critical balance between our denotation (the words we use) and connotation (what the words ultimately convey.) This session provides participants with specific actions and tools that enable them to drive behavior change that raises the performance of everyone within a leader’s sphere of influence.
The Dynamics of Unconscious Bias in the Workplace
- Illustrations and examples of how unconscious bias is manifested through the micromessages we send, demonstrating their pervasiveness and power in driving behavior.
- Explore ways our micromessages are sent and interpreted differently across cultural and geographic borders, using examples from every region of the world.
Video Scenario - Case Study
- Identify where, when, and how we engage in micromessaging, with a special emphasis on avoiding workplace. MicroInequities and knowing who to address and resolve them when they arise.
- Outlines the differences but only as a point of information and education. Don't Label Me-Learn Me; segment carries the key message that no one should be profiled. Instead, we need to uncover the unique requirements of each individual while treating everyone, equitably.
Action Tools to implement the concepts learned in the program, which include:
- T/A/L/K Model
- Synonymous Alternatives
- 10 Prescriptive Actions
- Top 10 MicroAdvantages
- Socratic vs Instructional intervention
- Transactional vs Emotional relationship management
- Don't Label Me, Learn Me
Stephen Young is the Senior Partner of Insight Education Systems, a management consulting firm specializing in leadership and organizational development services. As a recognized leader and foremost expert in this field, Mr. Young frequently consults with senior executives and management teams of...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.