The Mechanics of Mergers & Acquisitions – Online
For those who are successful, the benefits from mergers and acquisitions are clear, but it is a highly competitive market that has been made even more challenging by the entry of private equity players, who have had a significant influence on the market. It used to be believed that they were primarily transaction players who tried to buy cheap, often using debt financing provided by others, restructured the newly acquired business, and tried to dispose of it at a good price. However, private equity players today do not fit this stereotype so well, and some have become acknowledged as being far more sophisticated, focussing upon managing and integrating the businesses they acquire. Certainly, their entry to the merger and acquisition marketplace has helped to both broaden and sharpen the toolkit for the participants. M&A activity is set for significant growth with big money to be made. This course gives a structured guide to all components of an M&A transaction, taught by a market veteran in the industry with an exemplary track record and reflects the professional knowledge and skills needed to succeed in today’s evolving M&A environment.
UPON COMPLETION OFTHIS COURSE, PARTICIPATES WILL:
- Know why most mergers fail to create value for the acquirer and what actions can be taken to avoid it
- Understand the different types of synergies and/or control benefits arising from a proposed acquisition, and how to evaluate/value them
- Be confident in the principles of acquisition financing and the different financial instruments that can be used to finance mergers and acquisitions
- Value the importance of good execution, negotiation and implementation skills in achieving merger and acquisition success
- Recognise how mergers and acquisitions may differ as between different types of acquirer, e.g. public versus private equity
- Grasp the principles of how to manage an acquired business to create value, for example by using the principles of value based management
- Unit 1 – Fundamentals of Mergers and Acquisitions (M&A)
- Unit 2 – Valuation
- Unit 3 – Synergy and control benefits
- Unit 4 – Due diligence
- Unit 5 – Financing
- Unit 6 – Private equity M&A
- Unit 7 – Integration and building value
- Unit 8 – Negotiation
HOW YOU WILLLEARN
Through distance learning you can enjoy the benefits of studying, whilst minimising disruption to your existing professional commitments. You can set the pace at which you learn; applying the knowledge, skills and expertise gained from the materials to your work straight away. There’s also the huge savings of cost and time by not having to travel to a training location.
Approaching the topics in a modular format you can study the units online, save them to your computer or print them out. You can take advantage of the online forum to meet your fellow participants and share knowledge at any time. At the end of each unit there is a practical assessment enabling you to benchmark your knowledge and understanding and will also show you what a tangible ROI the course provides. Each unit is complimented by a video from the course director, taking you through the components of the course with particular emphasis on complex areas.