About the course
On completion of this distance learning course you will have a comprehensive understanding of the increasingly complex discipline of market risk. The course is always up to date, covering internal risk standards, evolving market conditions and new regulatory requirements – including topics like FRTB and IRRBB and other key elements that risk managers need to get up to speed on very quickly.
The biggest challenges are those which increase the likelihood of systemic risk as unorthodox monetary policies proliferate, the changing micro-structure of markets with HFT platforms which can heighten market liquidity risk and the consequential lack of a proper assessment of diversification with a bank’s trading book or investment portfolio. Issues which are all addressed in this ground breaking course.
Over the 14 weeks, this online course distils 25+ years of hands on experience from Clive Corcoran our industry expert in risk. He brings each module to life with practical case studies, video content and quizzes as you progress towards a Postgraduate Certificate in market risk.
- Unit 1 – Fundamentals of Trading Activities and Risk Metrics
- Unit 2 – Foreign Exchange and Interest Rate Risk
- Unit 3 – Liquidity Risk and Market Micro-Structure
- Unit 4 – Non-Linear Products: Behaviour and Risks
- Unit 5 – Futures, CCP’s and Collateral
- Unit 6 – Tail Risk, Stress Testing and FRTB
- Unit 7 – Legislation and Regulations Regarding Market Risk
What you’ll learn
- Internal risk standards
- Evolving market conditions
- New regulatory requirements – including FRTB and IRRBB
- Unorthodox monetary policies
- The changing micro-structure of markets with HFT platforms which can heighten market liquidity risk
- The consequential lack of a proper assessment of diversification with a bank’s trading book or investment portfolio
Postgraduate certificate option
You have the option to receive a postgraduate certificate validated by Middlesex University Business School.
You will need to submit an additional marked assignment of 5000 words, based on a continuing case study that runs throughout the duration of the course.
How you’ll learn
- A new module is released every two weeks
- Read the units online, save them to your computer or print them out
- Study at your own pace
- Efficient and cost effective - no need to travel or take time off work
- Apply new skills and expertise to your work straight away
Clive Corcoran has been engaged in the finance and asset management sectors, on both sides of the Atlantic, for more than 25 years. After completing his education in the UK, Canada and the US, he co-founded and became the CEO of an asset management company based in the USA during the 1980s and 90...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.