Who should attend
The role of a manager is crucial and complex. No matter what industry or sector you are from the programme will provide you with the opportunities to grow yourself and the business.
You may be:
- Faced with the concern of maintaining or finding new growth options
- Dealing with the complexities of a fast changing environment
- Moving from a purely operational role to one that requires strategic thinking
- Broadening your role within the organisation
- Looking to build your confidence and understanding of wider management and leadership issues
- Taking on a people management role
- Moving to a different part of an organisation
- Looking to deepen your understanding of business processes
People from all over can come together around similar themes and benefit from the opportunity to network, generate ideas, share best practice and be inspired. If you have any concerns as to whether this programme is right for you and your organisation we are on hand to answer any questions.
About the course
From crafting strategy, getting products to market, building and converting leads, embedding continuous change and managing talent, to simply becoming a better and more agile leader, this programme will provide you with the tools, action plan and confidence to take on a wide range of business issues.
Day 1: Leadership in practice
Start the week as you mean to go on. Through a Hogan psychometric assessment know where you are performing at your absolute best and how you solve key managerial problems to steer a successful organisation in to the future.
Day 2: Leading teams and talent development
Identify with the people around you. Realise how you can build and lead effective and high performing teams. Create opportunities to develop others and retain the best talent to strengthen your organisations productivity.
Day 3: Finance
Take the fright out of financial. Understand the progressive commercial context from financial strategies right through to clear reporting and how this can change over time. By the end of the session you will understand how to develop your own performance dashboard.
Day 4: Strategy and innovation
Think strategically for your business. Get a clear focus on the strategic context facing modern organisations; recognise the drivers of innovation and how to mitigate risks whilst seeking new opportunities.
Day 5: Project management
Define, design and implement projects. Get to grips with relevant project management concepts, processes, tools and techniques to use within your organisation. Understand team dynamics and their impact on projects.
How you benefit
It is designed to accelerate how you, as a manager get the best out of your business, giving you the capability to master the challenges and opportunities facing your business now and in the future.
- Know when you are at your best, what happens when you are under pressure and how this affects other around you.
- Appreciate what makes great teams work and recognise the impact of bias in developing talent.
- Increase your commercial acumen and financial awareness to make more effective commercial decisions.
- Increase your skills in strategic thinking and innovation and how to put them to work in your organisation.
- Hone your project management skills to run more effective projects, know what works, how to succeed and how to reduce the risks of failure.
- Leave with a bespoke action plan designed to promote the growth of your business.
Qualified as a language teacher for secondary schools. Worked as a teacher in UK and India Moved on to teach languages to graduates and post graduates students in the UK Worked as a language coordinator in Manchester Business School Language Centre until 2000 Became international Prorammes Coor...
Senior Lecturer and Executive Education Programme Director at Alliance Manchester Business School. My focus at AMBS is on development of Senior Leader Degree Apprenticeships, business development and executive education curriculum design. Before joining the University of Manchester I was the Dire...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.