The Leadership Journey: Developing Yourself and Others
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with USC Marshall School of Business.Full disclaimer.
Discover the framework and tools to understand your personal leadership style and make a significant impact on those around you. You will discover how to keep your employees motivated, how best to communicate, influence and persuade, how to build an adaptive team and organization, and how to avoid decision traps that occur when fundamental shifts are unfolding in your organization. You'll leave with a new understanding of high-quality connections and positive leadership that can help others grow, plus a renewed appreciation of your own potential.
This course will start with a 360-degree assessment, supplying feedback from a wide range of coworkers to help you plan your professional development. Gain an understanding of how you are perceived as a leader and leave with an action plan for success.
What You Will Learn
- Start with a powerful 360 assessment and feedback
- Recognize the differences between managing and leading
- Discover how you need to think about your development as a leader
- Learn the challenges of coaching and providing feedback to associates
- Define who you aspire to become as a leader
- Build skills at constructive influence and persuasion
- Build trust and team accountability
- Define your leadership values and capabilities
Using case studies, current business articles, in-class exercises, interaction and small group projects, our faculty will lead you to focus on the key knowledge and skills you need to understand and apply concepts to your organization's activities.
Who should attend
This program is for managers, directors and executives with at least five years of experience interested in improving their leadership skills.