The Leader's Guide to Storytelling
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with The University of Auckland Business School.Full disclaimer.
Storytelling is the oxygen of leadership
- Why is storytelling so important?
- What is the link between storytelling and leadership?
Storytelling or narrative has been a critical leadership capacity for effective leaders for hundreds of years. It is indispensable today to be able to engage, connect and inspire your team. In a leadership context, storytelling is the most effective method for achieving these goals. Mastering the art of effective storytelling takes understanding, know-how and practice. Attend the 1-day 'Leader's Guide to Storytelling' Short Course with Dr Lester Levy and you will experience an action oriented Short Course that will enable you to tell the right story at the right time to the right audience.
- The importance of storytelling
- The links between storytelling and leadership
- Understanding your audience – telling the right story to achieve desired outcomes
- Framing your story
- The critical elements to a successful story
- Delivering your story for maximum impact
- The right time to tell your story
So take this unique and special opportunity to build your storytelling and leadership capability and enhance your leadership potential. Many of the examples and case studies used are unique to this course only!
At the end of this Short Course you will be equipped to effectively communicate the right story at the right time to the right audience, enhancing your leadership impact. You will:
- Engage, connect and inspire your team
- Effectively reach across boundaries of culture, profession, organisation or age
- Build credibility, trust and opportunities
- Communicate your ideas in a way that is understandable and interesting
- Deliver your story in a way that will engage your audience.
- Know what story to tell to which audience with the timing that will have the most impact.
- Practice storytelling in a supportive environment.
Your organisation will benefit from:
- Your enhanced leadership capacity
- Improved staff engagement
- Superior results
Who should attend
Managers at all levels, both from the private and public sectors, and anyone else that would like to discover the art of effective story telling:
- Senior Executives including CEOs’ and General Managers
- Middle Managers
- Team Leaders and Supervisors
- School Principals
- Business Owners