The Latin American Cfos' Executive Program
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Booth School of Business.Full disclaimer.
Enrich, strengthen, and modernize professional skills that Latin American financial executives need to improve organizational effectiveness and drive the growth of their companies. Program sessions and all academic materials are presented in English with simultaneous translation into Spanish.
Exclusively designed for senior-level Latin American executives, this program provides frameworks to further enhance the financial and leadership skills needed to make critical, strategic decisions that create sustainable value.
Now more than ever, it is critical for finance leaders to truly understand the risks and opportunities of the current global economy. Conducting business in Latin America also presents its own unique opportunities and challenges. With this changing landscape in mind, Chicago Booth has developed a program in collaboration with Seminarium Internacional exclusively designed for senior-level finance executives based in Latin America.
This program combines the latest academic theory with best practices from the business world. At the end of the program, you will return to your company with the knowledge and tools necessary to improve your ability to make decisions and lead the advancement of your company into the future.
By attending this program, you will:
- Recognize the characteristics of high-performing workgroups that drive financial results and innovation.
- Identify key data that drives strategy, and analyze powerful patterns in strategic thinking.
- Explore prospects for growth in emerging markets.
- Understand the challenges in financial regulation, the likely path of regulatory reform, and the implications for Latin America.
- Gain a framework for improving negotiation outcomes through hands-on practice and the latest advances in the field.
- Use tools for investment evaluation process of capital budgeting.
- Analyze traditional valuation models and their limitations.
- Understand what drives differences in the cost of capital around the world, the impact on capital budgeting, and the valuation of international investments.
- Adapt financing strategies to changing needs and conditions.
- Analyze the strategic and organizational factors that influence the successes and failures of acquisitions.
- Learn the components of effective risk management.
- Apply the Economic Value Added (EVA) model to performance management.
- Driving high performance
- Strategy formulation and implementation
- The global economy and its effects on business
- Managing financial volatility
- Negotiation strategies
- Evaluating global investments and the cost of capital
- EVA®: Performance Management
- Financing strategy
- Capital budgeting
- Mergers and acquisitions
- New horizons in securitization
Who should attend
This program is designed for chief financial officers, general managers, presidents, directors, and vice presidents:
- From companies that have a yearly sales volume of at least $20 million (USD).
- From companies that have 200 + employees
- With a minimum of 10 years of experience in upper-level management or finance
Simultaneous translation in English and Spanish will be available and all academic materials will be offered in both languages.