Who should attend
This program is designed for chief financial officers, general managers, presidents, directors, and vice presidents:
- From companies that have a yearly sales volume of at least $20 million (USD).
- From companies that have 200 + employees
- With a minimum of 10 years of experience in upper-level management or finance
Simultaneous translation in English and Spanish will be available and all academic materials will be offered in both languages.
About the course
Enrich, strengthen, and modernize professional skills that Latin American financial executives need to improve organizational effectiveness and drive the growth of their companies. Program sessions and all academic materials are presented in English with simultaneous translation into Spanish.
Exclusively designed for senior-level Latin American executives, this program provides frameworks to further enhance the financial and leadership skills needed to make critical, strategic decisions that create sustainable value.
Now more than ever, it is critical for finance leaders to truly understand the risks and opportunities of the current global economy. Conducting business in Latin America also presents its own unique opportunities and challenges. With this changing landscape in mind, Chicago Booth has developed a program in collaboration with Seminarium Internacional exclusively designed for senior-level finance executives based in Latin America.
This program combines the latest academic theory with best practices from the business world. At the end of the program, you will return to your company with the knowledge and tools necessary to improve your ability to make decisions and lead the advancement of your company into the future.
By attending this program, you will:
- Recognize the characteristics of high-performing workgroups that drive financial results and innovation.
- Identify key data that drives strategy, and analyze powerful patterns in strategic thinking.
- Explore prospects for growth in emerging markets.
- Understand the challenges in financial regulation, the likely path of regulatory reform, and the implications for Latin America.
- Gain a framework for improving negotiation outcomes through hands-on practice and the latest advances in the field.
- Use tools for investment evaluation process of capital budgeting.
- Analyze traditional valuation models and their limitations.
- Understand what drives differences in the cost of capital around the world, the impact on capital budgeting, and the valuation of international investments.
- Adapt financing strategies to changing needs and conditions.
- Analyze the strategic and organizational factors that influence the successes and failures of acquisitions.
- Learn the components of effective risk management.
- Driving high performance
- Strategy formulation and implementation
- The global economy and its effects on business
- Managing financial volatility
- Negotiation strategies
- Evaluating global investments and the cost of capital
- Financing strategy
- Capital budgeting
- Mergers and acquisitions
John Burrows is senior lecturer in leadership at the University of Chicago’s Harris School of Public Policy and an associate fellow at Oxford University’s Saïd Business School. He also teaches healthcare leadership in a newly launched double masters degree program in health policy taught jointly ...
Dr. Charles Hadlock is currently the Frederick S. Addy Distinguished Chair in Finance at the Eli Broad College of Business at Michigan State University. He has held prior faculty appointments at the Universities of Florida, Illinois, and Virginia and visiting faculty positions at the Universitie...
I am the President and Chief Executive Officer of The Center for High Performance (CfHP). In this role, I act as a strategic advisor to CEOs of leading global companies on strategy attainment and business transformation. I have a strong track record of helping leaders maximize returns on strategi...
Randall S. Kroszner served as a Governor of the Federal Reserve System from 2006 until 2009. He chaired the committee on Supervision and Regulation of Banking Institutions and the committee on Consumer and Community Affairs. In these capacities, he took a leading role in developing responses to t...
I teach strategic thinking and entrepreneurship at the University of Chicago Booth School of Business. We work with leaders to apply cutting edge insights from decision science to major business and societal problems. Gregory D. Bunch draws on a wealth of experience as an entrepreneur, manager, ...
Christian Leuz is the Joseph Sondheimer Professor of International Economics, Finance and Accounting at the University of Chicago''s Booth School of Business. He is also a Co-Director of the Initiative on Global Markets, a Research Associate at the National Bureau of Economic Research, and a Fell...
Linnea Gandhi heads Decision Science at BehavioralSight, helping businesses integrate insights and methodologies from psychology and statistics into their research programs and corporate strategies. She also coaches professionals one-on-one on ways to reduce error in their everyday decisions. Pri...
Videos and materials
Read more about General Management Programs
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.