Who should attend
B2B and B2C product owners, managers, executives and product marketing managers, who are responsible for growing existing products portfolios and finding opportunities to move into new products and markets.
About the course
The world around us is changing fast and as product managers, it is our job to make sure that we keep adapting, iterating and innovating. We need to understand, embrace and respond to changes in market and customer behaviours, from the growth in online transaction through to the increasing preference for sustainability. We must continually review and develop our products and portfolios, focusing on what we need to do to stay relevant and competitive.
But how do we know which ideas are worth taking forward? How do we innovate efficiently and avoid making costly mistakes? How do we make decisions on how to allocate resources? How do we innovate, stay competitive and grow profits? In this interactive and practical two-day course, you will work through four steps focusing on how to:
- Spot opportunities for growth and innovation
- Quickly assess which opportunities are worth pursuing
- Work iteratively, incrementally and increase your speed to market
- Test, measure and keep learning
Taking a customer-centric approach to deliver clear business goals, you will walk away with proven approaches, tools and techniques from both traditional product and modern innovation practice that will immediately apply to your day-to-day work.
- Assess where, when, how & why to innovate at each stage of the product life cycle
- Look at growth opportunities in new and existing markets using Ansoff’s Matrix
- Navigate through a step-by-step customer-centric process to evaluate new ideas
- How to write a primary research plan to gather missing evidence
- How to quantify the opportunity and make a case for resource allocation
- How to co-create with customers and test product–market fit
- How to write "user stories” and break down your requirements
- How to measure success and strive for customer advocacy
Julia Shalet, known as the Product Doctor, is an award-winning innovator who has brought many new products and propositions to market and helped many others to do the same. She is a published author whose shares experience from her 25-years of experience across a diverse range of sectors and envi...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.