Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.
Who should attend
Senior or mid-level executives who wish to focus on their individual negotiation styles and discover how to capitalize on strengths while mitigating weaknesses.
About the course
Boost your negotiation power with professional feedback and coaching
The program High-impact Negotiator is ideal for you if you are fairly confident in your grasp of negotiation strategies, and have mastered the particular skills needed for successful negotiations, yet look to further strengthen your negotiation power. You will improve your negotiation styles to achieve more favorable outcomes in collective bargaining scenarios, and gain insight into how others perceive you during such situations.
During two days of rigorous and intensive work sessions, you will be able to bring in your own, real-life negotiations cases and discuss your personal challenges you have faced on negotiation tables. Working in small groups on challenging role-based negotiation simulations, you will receive feedback from faculty and professional coaches who observe and monitor the entire process. You will learn how specific behaviors evoke certain responses from negotiation partners and gain a deeper understanding of your own style in dealing with conflicts, and learn how to leverage it in strategically beneficial ways. Armed with these insights, you will be better able to self-monitor and adapt your behavior for future negotiation success.
- Gain a precise understanding of the prevalent behavioral patterns and negotiation styles that may undermine positions at the negotiation table
- Explore different behavioral options and learn to practice them as you fine-tune your negotiation skills
- Obtain a comprehensive network of global contacts
- Assessment of negotiation styles, conflict resolution styles
- Analysis of personal challenges on the negotiation table
- Controlled simulation of actual negotiation cases contributed by participants
- Intensive coaching on negotiation strategy, behavior, and style in different scenarios
- Evaluation of individual conflict-resolution styles; input on dealing with conflicts during negotiations
Business cases, videos, lectures, discussions with peers and faculty, group work, and plenary discussions.
Andreas Bernhardt is executive development advisor and lead coach at ESMT Berlin in Germany, founding member of ESMT's Center for Leadership Development Research, and manages ESMT's pool of executive coaches. He has over 20 years of practical leadership development experience with executives from...
Dr. Mark Young, the founder of Rational Games, is an independent author, trainer and consultant with many years´ practical and academic experience in the area of negotiation, mediation and conflict management skills. His theoretical work is tempered by practical lessons learned as a negotiator in...
Nan Guo is a program director at ESMT since 2018. Before joining ESMT, She was on the frontline of market entry projects for German corporates, medium-sized companies and a startup in higher education into the Chinese market. She played a key role in bringing German products and services to the C...
Videos and materials
Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.