Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
Accomplished professionals as well as senior and mid-level executives who wish to focus on their individual negotiation styles and discover how to capitalize on strengths while mitigating weaknesses.
About the course
The program The High-impact Negotiator is ideal for you if you are fairly confident in your grasp of negotiation strategies, yet look to strengthen your negotiation power even further. This intense program supports you in achieving more favorable outcomes in collective negotiation scenarios, and it grants insights into how others perceive you during negotiations.
Bring in your own real-life negotiation cases and discuss personal challenges you have faced. Work in small groups on negotiation simulations and receive feedback from experts and faculty. You will not only learn how specific behaviors evoke certain responses from negotiation partners, but also gain a deeper understanding of your own style in dealing with conflicts. Armed with these insights, you will be better able to self-monitor and adapt your behavior for future negotiation success.
- Gaining a deeper understanding of prevalent negotiation styles and patterns that undermine your position
- Exploring behavioral options and practicing them to fine-tune your negotiation skills
- Developing a diverse network of global contacts
- Assessment of negotiation styles
- Conflict resolution
- Analysis of personal challenges around the negotiation table
- Controlled simulations of actual negotiation cases contributed by participants
- Intensive coaching on negotiation strategy, behavior, and style in different scenarios
- Understanding negotiation styles
- Understanding the other side
- Personal negotiation style and dealing with conflicts
- Personal negotiation challenges and difficult cases
- Negotiation drill
- Action planning
Andreas Bernhardt is executive development advisor and lead coach at ESMT Berlin in Germany, founding member of ESMT's Center for Leadership Development Research, and manages ESMT's pool of executive coaches. He has over 20 years of practical leadership development experience with executives from...
Mark Young is a Visiting Lecturer at Koç University Graduate School of Business and also President of RATIONAL GAMES , INC. an international consulting firm specialized in negotiation and leadership skills. Young was the Partner in charge of the German privatization practice at Price Waterhouse ...
Nan Guo is a program director at ESMT since 2018. Before joining ESMT, She was on the frontline of market entry projects for German corporates, medium-sized companies and a startup in higher education into the Chinese market. She played a key role in bringing German products and services to the C...
Videos and materials
Read more about Negotiations
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.