Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.
Who should attend
Level 3:New Managers
Level 4: Managers
Level 5: Senior Managers & Directors
About the course
Organisations have implemented Knowledge Management (KM) in many ways – through a ‘big-bang’ organisation-wide approach or within a department hoping for a success story for future expansion. However, many KM projects fail due to varied reasons - “There was too much reliance on IT”, “KM requires extra effort with no visible results” and “Leaders were not engaged in driving KM”. One common and consistent failure factor is the lack of alignment between KM initiatives and business outcomes. This programme covers key KM concepts; practical issues in aligning KM projects to support business objectives; elements of an implementation framework; and shares insights from past KM implementations.
Benefits to You
Participants will be able to implement KM to better serve clients by harnessing the collective knowledge of individuals; utilise past know-how and experience to reduce learning curve and mistakes, and shape KM activities to reduce knowledge gaps in business processes. This leads to a clearer line of sight to improve business outcomes, increase individual and organisational productivity and ultimately higher revenues.
- Describe factors to determine types of knowledge gaps in organisation
- Identify suitable approaches to reduce knowledge gaps in organisation
- Understand steps in KM implementation process
- Apply KM principles to improve learning and build capabilities in organisations
- Data, information and knowledge
- Knowledge and KM
- Principles of KM
- Key elements of KM process
- Knowledge sharing techniques
- Approaches to reduce knowledge gaps in organisations
- Key steps and tools for effective KM implementation
Some reviews for this course are not publicly available