Who should attend
- HR professionals
- Team leaders, managers and aspiring managers
- Teams or groups of colleagues who wish to maximize impact within their environment
About the course
Lead for the future with inspiration and purpose
We are on the verge of a seismic shift in business and society. Why we work, the employer-employee relationship, the nature of leadership and careers, and the character of capitalism itself are changing before our eyes in profound, far-reaching ways.
This program explores perspectives on the “future of work” through the lens of the youngest generations in the workforce. Understand the paradigms that drive them, and the implications for leadership and organizational life. Balance the needs of younger generations against those of older ones. Be proactive in preparing yourself, your team and your organization to meet the challenges of generational change. Lead for the future with inspiration and purpose.
Online program format
This five-day program includes live, facilitator-led online sessions on Days 1,2,4 and 5. Sessions are highly interactive, enabling you to network and brainstorm ideas with your peers, engage in virtual breakout rooms, and receive constructive feedback. Day 3 is set aside for self-directed study and activities.
Benefits for you
- Peer into the future of work and what it is likely to mean for yourself, your team and your organization
- Understand the different paradigms of work, careers and leadership of multiple generations, with special focus on Millennials (Generation Y)
- Articulate your purpose and lead your team in a purpose-driven manner
- Lead high-performance teams that cross generational divides
- Give your organization an advantage in its ability to attract, engage and retain younger workers
- Develop action plans to get in front of upcoming shifts in human capital and management
Module 1: Focus on the Self
- Identifying your purpose and vision
- How your purpose impacts the way you lead yourself and others
- Creating a Purpose Statement and cascading your purpose to the team
Module 2 : Teams and talent, part one
- Generations in the workforce and their signature paradigm (with special focus on Generation Y)
- Managing Gen Y: the dos, the don’ts and the intangibles
- WRAPS model for development
- Structuring and managing a reverse mentoring program
- Work-life balance and how COVID has changed our mindset
Preparing for Module 3 with readings, reflection and action planning
Module 3: Teams and talent, part two
- Organizational culture as a barrier and enabler
- The Double-S Cube framework for cultural analysis
- DREAMS model for engagement within your culture
Module 4: Organizational Impacts
- How will work and leadership evolve, as young generations assume more senior positions?
- The importance of purpose-orientation for the future of work
- Bringing the themes together: what leadership looks like in the 21st century
Throughout the program, you will keep a personal journal that will progress you through the content and act as an action plan for your learning journey.
Adam Kingl is an author, keynote speaker, and educator. His subjects are leadership, culture, purpose, team dynamics, future of work, creativity, strategic innovation, management innovation, and the generational paradigms of work, careers and leadership. This last topic is the subject of his bo...
Videos and materials
Read more about Human Capital Management
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.