The Fundamentals of Managing Projects
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Alberta School of Business.Full disclaimer.
This course is a comprehensive introduction to the tools, techniques, processes and language of managing projects. You will review and practice fundamental principles that are consistent with the best practices of project management as defined by the Project Management Institute in their Project Management Body of Knowledge. In collaboration with others who are managing projects, you will participate in planning a real project from your work environment. In planning the project, you will work through the entire project cycle, effectively putting the theories of project management into practice.
- Getting Started - making sure you are doing the right project
- Defining Expectations – identifying stakeholders and gaining agreement
- Defining the Work – establishing scope and deliverables
- Estimating the Project – costs, scheduling, contingency planning
- Finalizing the Plan – gaining approval, adopting scheduling tools
- Building the Project Team – strategies for project staffing
- Tracking Project Progress – tracking effort, schedule and cost
- Controlling the Project – managing for risk, controlling scope
- Reporting and Communications
- Closing Out the Project – evaluating project success