The Finance Function as A Business Partner
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Vlerick Business School Executive Education.Full disclaimer.
STRATEGIC PERFORMANCE MEASUREMENT - STRATEGIC COST AND PROFITABILITY ANALYSIS
The role of the finance function is evolving. To drive value in today’s rapidly-changing world, finance professionals must become strategic business partners: sounding boards, communications specialists and analysts, all rolled into one. Making this transition is the most important challenge facing finance teams today – which is what makes this programme essential. It offers a powerful mix of theory and practice, delivered by top academics and industry experts.
WHY THIS PROGRAMME?
What is the added value of following the programme 'The Finance Function as a Business Partner'?
The world is changing rapidly – and it’s more important than ever for financial strategy to be implemented quickly across the whole business. This is why it’s essential that finance teams make the transition from “controller” to business partner, helping their colleagues across the organisation drive value creation.
- Learn to track and measure progress as corporate strategy is implemented
- Develop and implement systems for corporate finance management
- Get a toolkit of ready-to-use models and techniques
- Develop a business partner mindset that will allow you to drive value creation across your organization
The intensive, practical four-day programme 'The Finance Function as a Business Partner' covers two main areas and starts with an introductory webinar:
DAYS ONE AND TWO
Strategic performance management
- The performance measurement framework
- Budgeting for and measuring business drivers
- Linking organisational structure to financial performance measurement
- Business unit evaluation and incentive schemes
- Strategy mapping and balanced scorecards
DAYS THREE AND FOUR
Strategic cost and profitability analysis
- Traditional costing systems and performance analysis
- Strategic cost management – the role of activity-based costing
- Time-driven activity-based costing and its impact on capacity
- Cost to serve models for making better marketing and sales decisions
Who should attend
The programme 'The Finance Function as a Business Partner' is designed for professionals who are already in, or who are transitioning to, a financial business partnering role. You will be working – or aiming to work – with non-financial professionals to create value in your company.