Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.
Who should attend
The Extraordinary Leader process is being used extensively for individual leaders at all levels of an organization from senior executives to first-line supervisors. Customized in-house sessions are delivered to executive or management teams, other intact or cross-functional work teams, or to individuals gathered from different parts of an organization.
About the course
Leadership Development that Drives Results
In today’s rapidly changing, highly competitive environment, the organizations that excel in their respective markets will be those whose people are most competent, passionate, and focused on delivering results. The Extraordinary Leader Workshop presents a proven framework for helping individuals make a profound difference in their organization’s results, and in their own performance and development.
KEY LEARNINGS FROM THE EXTRAORDINARY LEADER WORKSHOP:
- Understand the significant on-the-job performance differences between “good” and “extraordinary” leaders
- Learn about the 16 leadership competencies that differentiate extraordinary leaders
- Discover why enhancing existing leadership strengths is the most successful way to become an extraordinary leader
- Prepare to receive an individual 360-degree leadership feedback report, understand the report structure, interpret the data, and discuss how it can best be used in a positive way
- Perform a step-by-step analysis of their feedback report, using a structured process with individual and group exercises
- Use our unique leadership cross-training approach to construct a customized Individual Development Plan
Why focus on strengths instead of improving weaknesses?
Traditional assessments and needs analysis look for gaps. And most 360 feedback tools focus on finding and fixing weaknesses. This often leads to:
- Participants feeling beat up by feedback reports.
- Negative response or avoidance of 360 multi-rater feedback tools.
- Erosion of confidence.
- Defensiveness and fear of making mistakes.
- Data denial and feedback phobia.
- Working on a weak area and only getting it to average – with mediocre results.
- A belief that extraordinary leadership is achieved by naturally gifted or “born leaders.”
Extraordinary leadership is obtainable. A leader needs to develop just three existing strengths out of 16 competencies to increase his or her leadership effectiveness from the 34th to the 80th percentile! Building strengths is proving to be the only way to move from an average or ordinary leader to extraordinary or exceptional.
In a series of studies looking at the impact of leaders choosing to fix weaknesses versus building on existing strengths, leaders who magnified their existing strengths showed two – three times more improvement in leadership effectiveness than leaders who worked on fixing their weaknesses.
Why Strengths-Based Leadership Development Works Better:
- Building strengths is the only way to become an extraordinary leader.
- A strengths focus produces up to three times higher change and improvement.
- Profits, sales, engagement, morale, and energy levels, turnover, health and safety, and customer satisfaction skyrockets.
- The spectrum of development methods broadens with cross-training and Companion Competencies.
- Participant motivation to improve is much higher.
- Organizational culture is much more positive and energized.
- It’s a lot more fun to work on strengths!