Who should attend
- Current and future company leaders in decision-making roles
- Leaders who have been identified as high-potentials
- Individuals who seek to improve their understanding of finance
About the course
As a non-financial manager, you are responsible for regularly making decisions that affect your company’s financial performance. Understanding the financial implications of those decisions can have a dramatic effect on the bottom line, benefitting not just your team, business unit, and organization, but also your career.
This program provides the knowledge you need to understand how the outcomes of operating decisions affect your organization’s finances. Using real financial reports and hands-on exercises, you will learn how to better interpret financial reports, performance metrics, and analytical techniques. Taught by Lehigh finance professor Sam Weaver, author of The Essentials of Financial Analysis, this program also provides a foundational understanding of the language of finance and accounting. You will come away better able to present financial results, execute performance comparisons, allocate resources, budget expenses, and contribute to discussions with finance professionals.
Impact & Benefits
- Understand, analyze, and integrate financial information into everyday business decisions
- Implement strategic plans, operating budgets, and financial forecasts
- Use corporate investment valuation techniques to assess capital investment decisions, including new products and acquisitions
- Communicate and collaborate more effectively with financial professionals
- Assess the financial position of suppliers, customers, and competitors
- Pursue growth through strategies such as mergers and acquisitions and joint ventures
Read more about Business Analytics
Read more about Digital Transformation
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.