About the course
CPAs must stay abreast of current developments. This seminar is frequently cited by participants as one of the best ways to gain a comprehensive understanding of the latest issues in financial accounting and disclosures. This two-day program is one of the best ways for financial accounting professionals to stay up to speed on emerging developments from the FASB, SEC and other regulators. An interactive classroom experience ensures participants not only walk away with knowledge of the new guidance, but also strategies for and issues impacting implementation.
The program covers details of recent and proposed guidance, explores important issues impacting implementation, and presents best-practice strategies for applying new accounting and reporting standards in various types of companies.
This program includes a high-level overview of the new FASB/IASB revenue recognition standard. For more depth, consider combining this course with the one-day Revenue Recognition Fundamentals seminar, which provides more hands-on practical application of the new standard through the use of case studies.
The program covers hot topics as well as issues and trends in accounting and reporting. Regularly updated throughout the year as new developments occur, sample subject matter includes:
- A series of scenario-based practice issues highlighting accounting and reporting issues resulting from recent economic trends and events
- Reminders about standards becoming effective in 2020
- A look ahead to standards becoming effective in 2021 and beyod
- Spotlights on practice issues and implementation issues resulting from the recent adoption of revenue from contracts with customers and leases
- Insights on current accounting and reporting issues as identified by regulators, including SEC and PCAOB
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.