Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with KPMG Executive Education.Full disclaimer.
About the course
The regulatory landscape is constantly evolving, and your knowledge must be, too. This two-day program is one of the best ways for financial accounting professionals to stay up to speed on emerging developments from the FASB, SEC and other regulators. An interactive classroom experience ensures participants not only walk away with knowledge of the new guidance, but also strategies for and issues impacting implementation.
The program covers details of recent and proposed guidance, explores important issues impacting implementation, and presents best-practice strategies for applying new accounting and reporting standards in various types of companies.
The program covers hot topics, issues and trends in accounting and reporting. Regularly updated throughout the year as new developments occur, sample subject matter includes:
- A series of scenario-based practice issues highlighting accounting and reporting issues resulting from recent economic trends and events
- Reminders about standards becoming effective in 2017
- A look ahead to standards becoming effective in 2018 and beyond
- Spotlights on practice issues and implementation issues resulting from the recently issued "Big 3" standards: revenue from contracts with customers, financial instruments, and leases
- Insights on current accounting and reporting issues as identified by regulators, including SEC and PCAOB