The Essential GAAP Update (2019)
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with KPMG Executive Education.Full disclaimer.
The regulatory landscape is constantly evolving, and your knowledge must be, too. This two-day program is one of the best ways for financial accounting professionals to stay up to speed on emerging developments from the FASB, SEC and other regulators. An interactive classroom experience ensures participants not only walk away with knowledge of the new guidance, but also strategies for and issues impacting implementation.
The program covers details of recent and proposed guidance, explores important issues impacting implementation, and presents best-practice strategies for applying new accounting and reporting standards in various types of companies.
The program covers hot topics, issues and trends in accounting and reporting. Regularly updated throughout the year as new developments occur, sample subject matter includes:
- A series of scenario-based practice issues highlighting accounting and reporting issues resulting from recent economic trends and events
- Reminders about standards becoming effective in 2017
- A look ahead to standards becoming effective in 2018 and beyond
- Spotlights on practice issues and implementation issues resulting from the recently issued "Big 3" standards: revenue from contracts with customers, financial instruments, and leases
- Insights on current accounting and reporting issues as identified by regulators, including SEC and PCAOB
Appropriations Law Refresher and Update
Correctly using Federally-appropriated funds to comply with relevant laws and regulations is a critical responsibility for Federal employees. Refreshing your knowledge of appropriations law basics and gaining a deeper understanding of the latest changes and developments can help ensure your organization properly uses Federally-appropriated funds. Through interactive case studies based on recent GAO decisions and focusing on key concepts of appropriations law, learn how to identify changes in policy and their impact to avoid Antideficiency Act (ADA) violations.
- Identify the legal framework supporting the legal use of funds in the federal government
- Determine the legal availability of funds related to purpose based on long-standing and recent guidance, and federal case studies
- Determine the legal availability of funds related to time based on long-standing and recent guidance, and federal case studies
- Determine the legal availability of funds related to amount based on long-standing and recent guidance, and federal case studies
- Determine the legal applications of other appropriations law topics based on long-standing and recent guidance, and federal case studies
Introduction and Legal Framework
- Appropriations Law Basics
- Appropriations and Committees
- Resources Available for Appropriations Law Research
- General Topics
- Module Capstone: Case Studies for Introduction and Legal Framework
Purpose Law: Factors, Requirements, and Guidance
- Factors to Consider in Purpose Law
- Requirements and Guidance
- Module Capstone: Purpose Law: Factors, Requirements, and Guidance
Legal Availability of Funds as to Time
- Bona Fide Needs Rule
- Time-Related Requirements
- Module Capstone: Legal Availability of Funds as to Time
Amount and Antideficiency Act Violations
- Following the Antideficiency Act
- Module Capstone: Amount and Antideficiency Act Violations
Obligation, Continuing Resolutions, and Accountable Officers
- Continuing Resolution Requirements
- Accountable Officers
- Module Capstone: Obligation, Continuing Resolutions, and Accountable Officers
Who should attend
This course is designed for anyone who attended the Appropriations Law Seminar more than three years ago.