The Essential GAAP Update (2019)
The regulatory landscape is constantly evolving, and your knowledge must be, too. This two-day program is one of the best ways for financial accounting professionals to stay up to speed on emerging developments from the FASB, SEC and other regulators. An interactive classroom experience ensures participants not only walk away with knowledge of the new guidance, but also strategies for and issues impacting implementation.
The program covers details of recent and proposed guidance, explores important issues impacting implementation, and presents best-practice strategies for applying new accounting and reporting standards in various types of companies.
The program covers hot topics, issues and trends in accounting and reporting. Regularly updated throughout the year as new developments occur, sample subject matter includes:
- A series of scenario-based practice issues highlighting accounting and reporting issues resulting from recent economic trends and events
- Reminders about standards becoming effective in 2017
- A look ahead to standards becoming effective in 2018 and beyond
- Spotlights on practice issues and implementation issues resulting from the recently issued "Big 3" standards: revenue from contracts with customers, financial instruments, and leases
- Insights on current accounting and reporting issues as identified by regulators, including SEC and PCAOB
29th Annual Accounting & Financial Reporting Symposium
The Symposium is designed for corporate financial executives from both private and public companies who desire an update on the more important financial accounting and reporting developments over the past year. The program also will discuss other important topics impacting the responsibilities of the audience.
Those who have attended past sessions have pointed out that one advantage of the program is that it includes technical compliance topics, along with discussions of prominent practices in financial leadership. Speakers include leading executives from industry and accounting who are involved with accounting and financial reporting issues every day. They will address recent technical pronouncements and guidance from the FASB and SEC. In addition, they will share with participants their experiences in dealing with some of the important leadership issues that have helped their companies compete more effectively in today's environment.
Topics covered include:
The Symposium covers important topics, issues and trends in accounting and reporting. The agenda for the Symposium will be finalized as new developments occur, sample subject matter includes:
- Keynote Address on Issues Impacting Financial Executives
- FASB and SEC Current Developments
- Accounting for Leases
- Accounting for Financial Instruments
- KPMG's Thought Leadership on Hot Topics
- Breakout Sessions Focused on Trending Topics and Current Updates