The Digital Transformation of the Established Firm - an Integrative Approach
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with GISMA Business School.Full disclaimer.
This course examines selected trends in digital transformation and the resulting opportunities and challenges.
Learn about the digitisation of corporate systems, and the way in which they present opportunities as well as challenges. You will discover how new systems provide appropriate support for staff, but also explore the dangers that new digital systems create. In some cases, they could completely replace activities fulfilled by employees today. This course will examine trends in digital transformation alongside the pros and cons that come from its further implementation and development.
Why choose this programme?
Select this programme if you want to:
- Receive knowledge on the German, European, and international business landscapes
- Learn in a multicultural environment
- Study using methodology based on real cases
- Develop your soft skills
- Get career coaching
- Study in English
- Visit local companies
- Enjoy leisure activities and excursions
Objectives of the programme
- Understand the influence of digitalisation on organisations
- Consider real-world examples in which information communication technologies play an important role in problem solving and decision making
- Understand current themes in the digital firm, e.g. data mining or the impact of automation on the job market
- Improve German/English language proficiency
- Understand German business and corporate culture
What will you learn?
GISMA’s Summer and Winter School programme will allow students to gain an understanding of the German business landscape and ensures a broad and realistic impression of German life and culture.
GISMA’s Summer and Winter School runs over two weeks and includes two modules. Each module will be split into:
- Two blocks of lectures, which include two study subjects with 12 contact hours each
- German classes or Business English/Scientific Writing - 4 hours per week
- 1-2 company visits per programme
- 2-3 extracurricular activities per week
- 2-3 free evenings per week
- Introduction: Digitizing Porters Value Chain
- Definitions: IT vs. IoT, On Premise vs Software as a Service (SaaS), ...
- Digital transformation in production: Google Glass and Augmented Reality (AR) in industrial production and logistics processes featuring examples of Samsung, John Deere and others.
- The digital marketing process: marketing automation solutions compared: Marketo vs. IBM Marketing Cloud and IBM Watson Campaign Automation vs Adobe Marketing Cloud
- Digital HR work: From recruitment to personnel management and travel cost compensation
- Digital Finance: Cash Management Systems for SMEs
Who should attend
This programme is specifically designed for bachelor students and graduates interested in working abroad and discovering new cultures or looking to study a degree in Germany.