The Business of BioPharma Mini-MBA™
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Bentley University.Full disclaimer.
Bentley University’s Mini-MBA for BioPharma professionals was designed to provide the skills, information and tools needed to successfully apply fundamental business principles and drive value creation in this complex environment. This program combines Bentley’s leading-edge business curriculum with the research-based expertise of Bentley’s Center for Integration of Science & Industry , to deliver a truly unique and tailored educational experience for BioPharma professionals.
Through highly interactive learning sessions with a diverse group of peers from around the industry, participants will:
- Understand the business landscape of the Biotechnology/ Pharmaceutical industries and how application of fundamental business principles work within these constructs.
- Learn strategy formulation and execution, with particular emphasis on science and technology as a core element in strategy
- Improve abilities to lead and manage a multi-disciplinary workforce, with a special focus on leading through change
- Gain financial acumen to further understand the industry’s unique financial challenges
- Comprehend the challenges of commercialization and recognize how regulation and policy can work for your business.
- Hear from senior-level industry executives on the challenges of the market today
- Gain a network of industry peers
The program has been designed to accommodate the schedule of extremely busy managers and executives.
Six Days – Three 2-day Sessions – One session every two weeks
Bentley University is uniquely positioned to deliver a specialized management program to Biotechnology and Pharmaceutical professionals, as we draw from the expertise of both our leading graduate business school faculty and the faculty/partners of our renowned Center for Integration for Science & Industry. Participants in this program will benefit from an interactive learning experience that marries deep industry expertise with the proven business practices of a Top-Rated business institution.
Topics of the Mini – MBA™ for BioPharma Professionals program
The Business of BioPharma
- An overview of the industry and its unique constructs
- Strategy: Understanding the Competitive Landscape
- Strategy: Challenging Your Future Assumptions
- Path To Commercialization
- Making Regulation & Policy work for your buesinss
Finance for Non-Financial Managers in BioPharma
- The Language of Accounting
- Reading & Analyzing Financial Statements
- Cost Center Budgeting Techniques
- How do Companies Evaluate Investments
- What is Value Creation
Leading Teams through Change
- Leadership simulation
- Leading broadly interdisciplinary teams
- Managing external alliances
- Blue-prints of a great leader in biopharma
- Challenges to thinking strategically & strategies to mitigate
- Manageing Stakeholders
- Ethics & Their Impact
The role of Strategic alliances in BioPharma
Putting it all together
- Action planning - taking your new skills and applying them
Who should attend
The Mini MBA™ for BioPharma professionals has been designed to provide industry specialists with the broader-based perspective necessary to transition into company leadership. This program will especially benefit:
- Technical professionals and Scientists moving into management positions who need exposure to business concepts, and leadership disciplines.
- High- potential business managers facing greater management responsibility which calls for enhanced business knowledge.
- Professionals new to the biotechnology /pharmaceutical industries who need a solid grounding in the unique aspects of the business.