Comprehensive course analysis
For a limited time only $40.00 $20.00Order
Who should attend
- Supervisors who wish to add to their directing and monitoring remit
- Junior to Middle-level Managers who are wanting to optimise their management skills
- Senior Managers who want to be able to develop more junior managers
- Managers who fulfil a purely management role
- Staff who have a joint leadership / management role
- Individuals who are making the transition to the senior management team
About the course
The precise role of management is, sadly, one of the most poorly defined, least understood and inadequately implemented organisational functions today. The casual, interchangeable and often arbitrary use of the words ‘management’ and ‘leadership’ adds to the confusion. Management has consistently been overshadowed by leadership in the media and publishing industry as it is always described in more attractive terms. This is unfortunate as effective management is one of the most important organisational functions for many different kinds of businesses.
This advanced Oxford programme, therefore, looks with fresh eyes at the traditional core functions of management and brings them right up to date. It also describes some of the essential and emerging new roles that are now demanded by the operating realities of organisations nowadays. The resulting ‘full range’ management approach subsumes and goes beyond the old PODSCoRB formula and replaces it with five vital pairs of management behaviours. It is these behaviours that will be covered in depth on the programme with adequate time be devoted to practicing and applying them during the course.
- Continuously determine the appropriate management function you need to display throughout the day
- Display the core traditional management functions and also essential new approaches
- Display the situation awareness, communication and influence imperatives of your full-management role
- Differentiate ‘hygiene factors’ from ‘motivators’ to obtain the discretionary effort and optimal performance of your staff
- Design and implement a career development strategy for yourself and, by extension, for your subordinates
- Enable you leadership competencies to stand out from your management functions
- Appreciate the Vital Importance of Displaying the Five Pairs of Full-Range Management Abilities
- Targeting and Tailoring your Communication and Influence and also Developing your Emotional Intelligence and Political Intelligence
- Fulfilling your Crucial Operationalisation and directing remit by translating your Strategic Plan into an Implementation Plan
- Transforming your Team or Department into a Self-Managing and Self-Organising Unit that you can safely delegate tasks to
- Strategies to Resource your Staff and enable them to Play to their Strengths
- Monitoring and Controlling your Staff and deciding on your Key Performance Metrics
- Providing Timely, Relevant and Actionable Feedback to your Staff and Redirecting Unhelpful Behaviours they might Display
- Fulfilling your Function as a Catalyst or Enabler for your Team
- How to Plan in the Emerging, New Employment Reality of ‘Knowledge Workers’, Older Employees, The Multi-Generational Workplace, Globalisation, Automation and Artificial Intelligence
- Constructing your Personal Career Advancement Strategy
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.