The Berkeley Executive Leadership Program
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Haas School of Business.Full disclaimer.
How can you become the leader you are meant to be?
Our five-day flagship leadership program attracts leaders from around the world, from organizations with a variety of missions and goals.
What you share is a common desire to explore:
- How, as leader of the organization, can you lead change, drive innovation and quickly respond to market demand
- How do you create and cultivate the culture you need to succeed as an organization
- How do you create vision, communicate it throughout the organization and stay on-point during challenging times
- How do you become an effective force multiplier in your organization and in the world to drive outsized results
- How do you build and motivate cross-functional, diverse and global teams
- Plan, in partnership with world class faculty, peers and coaching, a roadmap for achieving the results when you return to work
Faculty Director Maura O’Neill is an award-winning faculty member of the Haas Business School at UC Berkeley. She has founded companies and held executive leadership positions in business, a U.S. Presidential Administration as well as civic and industry positions. She has driven innovative, large-scale change in each sector. Known for her cutting edge work on innovation, Maura’s academic research has been on narrow-mindedness and the errors it leads to in science, medicine, political decision-making, and business.
Before you arrive in Berkeley, you will complete an exercise on what your personal leadership aspirations are, a 360 assessment of your leadership attributes and a one-on-one personalized coaching session. After you leave, you will participate in another one-on-one coaching session.
You will work with accomplished peers, top UC Berkeley faculty, and industry thought leaders, to create a personalized plan to unlock innovation and growth, create energy and urgency, and drive results. You will return to your organization with a new set of skills, grounded in research and a plan you can put to use immediately.
This program is grounded in the four defining principles of Berkeley-Haas: Confidence without Attitude; Student Always (voracious learner); Question the Status Quo (innovate); and Beyond Yourself.
- Defining effective leadership
- Creating a strategic vision for your leadership goals with an actionable plan
- Communication, influence and persuasion: identifying your blind spots and improving your effectiveness
- Becoming a force multiplier by learning how to attract and retain the best people for your team, including project-based and virtual
- Creating a competitive advantage by incorporating tri-sector leadership (business, government and social sectors) to excel at solving today’s most pressing challenges
- Developing a performance-based culture: case studies in improving organizations through intentional culture management and latest brain research findings on trust
- Learning to build trust, listen actively, and find common ground at every level
Who should attend
- Accomplished leaders who drive growth in every corner of their organizations.
- Appropriate experience levels include executive and senior leadership including CEOs, C-level executives and VPs.
This program is by application only.