Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.
Who should attend
- Level 3 - New Managers
- Level 4 - Manager - seeking to enhance their performance by solving their everyday business and operational problems more effectively and selling the solutions.
About the course
Visual thinking is using our innate ability to see; both with our eyes and our minds eye to discover previously invisible ideas, develop those ideas in a rapid and intuitive way, and then share those ideas with other people in a way they simply get.
Any problem can be made clearer with a picture, and any picture can be created using a set of tools and the rules for its use. The core of The Back of The Napkin programme is learning to use the Visual Problem-solving Toolkit - a powerful new way of looking at problems and their solutions.
This is a highly participative and interactive workshop. Participants will learn through short lectures, hands-on exercises, live study cases, group discussions and experience sharing, presentations and feedback.
Benefits to You
- Solutions to everyday work problems leading to enhance performance of their operating units
- Business ideas and strategies leading to higher productivity and increase top and bottom line performance of their organisations
- Learn a whole new way of looking at business problems more quickly, understanding them more intuitively, addressing them more confidently, and conveying results to others more rapidly.
- Learn to solve problems with pictures.
- Learn how to think visually - how to look better - how to see sharper - how to imagine further - how to show newly discovered ideas.
- Visual Thinking – What is – Why
- The Visual Thinking Toolkit – What does it contain
- Using the Built-in Tools
- The eyes
- The mind’s eye
- The hands & eyes
- The Visual Thinking Problem-solving Process
- “Whoever is best able …. is the person most likely to solve it.”
- “Whoever draws the best picture …”
- Active looking: The Four Rules To
- “We can’t solve a problem we can’t see ….”
- The 6x6 Rule of seeing - Which problem? Which picture? Which …?
- The right picture for any problem
- “Those who see the possibilities, win”
- Meet the SQVID
- Exploring the breadth of an idea
- Practical lessons in applied visual imagination.
- “The more human the picture…”
- Why seeing is believing
- Putting it together
- Drawing conclusions
Entrepreneur, Educator, Trainer/Coach, Storyteller, Artist Ai Yat advocates for agility at work and in business to succeed in an ever-changing environment. She challenges students, professionals, and entrepreneurs to be highly marketable and business driven, and make decisions that are not only...