This course has no confirmed dates in the future. Subscribe to be notified when it is offered.
About the course
Put yourself a decade ahead of the pack by understanding and practising the crucial aspects of negotiating. When you realise that executives spend 80% of their day negotiating, it makes business sense for all professionals to start honing their negotiation skills for future success. In fact, the return-on-investment for negotiating skills training is almost immediate. New brain research has also made this negotiation programme simpler and more powerful as a tool for improving organisational growth and effectiveness. By concentrating on a few big discoveries, neuroscience has enabled the course to focus on an innovative approach that produces a negotiating system that is intuitive and easier to implement.
Why master the art of negotiating?
Effective negotiation skills help you:
- • Anticipate potential scenarios, whilst remaining calm, assertive and creative;
- • Achieve high-impact business results the high-trust way;
- • Take the anxiety out of negotiations and enjoy the process more;
- • Understand how to include team members’ inputs and highlight their negotiation priorities;
- • Close more transactions, handling objections the high-trust way; and
- • Achieve your return on investment more quicker and easier.
Venue: Toyota Wessels Institute for Manufacturing Studies (TWIMS), 74 Everton Road, Kloof, Durban, 3610.
How you will benefit:
At the end of the programme, you will be able to:
- Understand what our brain is going through during the persuasion process;
- Adapt the neuroscience of persuasion to negotiations;
- Learn how to build trust fast through preparation and body language;
- Apply the simple CUSP® Negotiating System – a step-by-step method that is easy to remember and implement;
- Learn how to handle objections with empathy and assertiveness; and
- Know how to wrap-up and close negotiations.
Key Focus Areas:
- Case studies to practise the CUSP® Negotiating System methodology;
- In-depth discussion on the CUSP® Negotiation System;
- How to plan your variables of negotiation (Perfect Value, Acceptable Value, and Reservation Value using a preparation checklist);
- How to plan your contender's variables and anticipate their alternative strategies;
- Know how to "logroll" (make trade-offs);
- Top-10 golden rules of negotiating;
- Top-10 ways of building trust;
- Top-10 body language tips for negotiators;
- Top-7 mistakes of negotiators; and
- The 4-stages of objection handling.
Who should attend
This course is appropriate for professionals who want to learn how to persuade, inspire, influence, and negotiate including:
• Managers, leaders and supervisors; • Executives; and • Sales consultants.
Trust the experts
Ian Rheeder’s core purpose is to make companies more profitable. He does this by using the most relevant consulting business models to best analyse a company’s situation, and thus offers the best market-driven solutions for their profit creation. This competency is also reflected in the most rele...