The art of Negotiation
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with GIBS Business School.Full disclaimer.
Put yourself a decade ahead of the pack by understanding and practising the crucial aspects of negotiating. When you realise that executives spend 80% of their day negotiating, it makes business sense for all professionals to start honing their negotiation skills for future success. In fact, the return-on-investment for negotiating skills training is almost immediate. New brain research has also made this negotiation programme simpler and more powerful as a tool for improving organisational growth and effectiveness. By concentrating on a few big discoveries, neuroscience has enabled the course to focus on an innovative approach that produces a negotiating system that is intuitive and easier to implement.
Why master the art of negotiating?
Effective negotiation skills help you:
- • Anticipate potential scenarios, whilst remaining calm, assertive and creative;
- • Achieve high-impact business results the high-trust way;
- • Take the anxiety out of negotiations and enjoy the process more;
- • Understand how to include team members’ inputs and highlight their negotiation priorities;
- • Close more transactions, handling objections the high-trust way; and
- • Achieve your return on investment more quicker and easier.
Venue: Toyota Wessels Institute for Manufacturing Studies (TWIMS), 74 Everton Road, Kloof, Durban, 3610.
How you will benefit:
At the end of the programme, you will be able to:
- Understand what our brain is going through during the persuasion process;
- Adapt the neuroscience of persuasion to negotiations;
- Learn how to build trust fast through preparation and body language;
- Apply the simple CUSP® Negotiating System – a step-by-step method that is easy to remember and implement;
- Learn how to handle objections with empathy and assertiveness; and
- Know how to wrap-up and close negotiations.
Key Focus Areas:
- Case studies to practise the CUSP® Negotiating System methodology;
- In-depth discussion on the CUSP® Negotiation System;
- How to plan your variables of negotiation (Perfect Value, Acceptable Value, and Reservation Value using a preparation checklist);
- How to plan your contender's variables and anticipate their alternative strategies;
- Know how to "logroll" (make trade-offs);
- Top-10 golden rules of negotiating;
- Top-10 ways of building trust;
- Top-10 body language tips for negotiators;
- Top-7 mistakes of negotiators; and
- The 4-stages of objection handling.
Who should attend
This course is appropriate for professionals who want to learn how to persuade, inspire, influence, and negotiate including:
• Managers, leaders and supervisors; • Executives; and • Sales consultants.