The art of Diagnosis – Solving the Right Problem the First Time
This course has no confirmed dates in the future. Subscribe to be notified when it is offered.
About the course
How often do you walk into a meeting called to tackle a problem and within the first few minutes, participants already are debating about a solution? Jumping to a solution is one of the most prevalent and pernicious maladies in organizations, which leads to delayed problem solving, high costs, and sluggish responsiveness that can demoralize an entire organization. The Art of Diagnosis provides new insights into how individuals and teams can solve the right problem the first time. The critical challenge is that all too often when tackling problems, individuals and teams suffer from a set of biases and impediments that cause them to focus on problem solving. In contrast, this program focuses on the art of comprehensively formulating problems before solving them. Participants will learn a variety of specific and proven processes to help them and their teams solve the right problem the first time.
Time Allocation - Topics
- 10% Why is solving the right problem the first time important?
- 20% Why don’t individuals and teams often fail to solve the right problem?
- 20% How can individuals figure out what the right problem is?
- 20% How can teams figure out what the right problem is?
- 20% How can you reprogram your brain to avoid common biases and impediments to solving the right problem?
- 10% What can you do to impact your organization tomorrow?
Trust the experts
Area of Expertise: Business And Government, Business/Corporate Strategy, Law and Economics, Critical Thinking, Managerial Assessment, Innovation and Growth, Organizational Design, Business And Government, Business/Corporate Strategy, Critical Thinking, Innovation and Growth, Law and Economics,...