The Advanced Strategy Program: Building and Implementing Growth Strategies
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Booth School of Business.Full disclaimer.
Strengthen your corporate strategy by developing a strong strategic intuition with emphasis on scanning for patterns, analyzing what makes your organization great, and assessing what the competition is doing.
With the unrelenting pace of change and competition today, clear strategic thinking is more important than ever. To survive and prosper in a globalized market, corporate strategists have to not only formulate the correct strategy, but also understand how to implement it effectively.
By attending this program, you will:
- Develop, design, and implement the right strategy.
- Analyze powerful patterns in strategic thinking.
- Develop skills to lead organizations during a time of change by creating a learning culture.
- Redesign performance measures to enhance strategy implementation.
- Balance core business and new initiatives.
Formulating Growth Strategy Ideas
- Understanding the vital differences between goals, strategy, and management
- Separating business success into strategy, leadership, and luck
- Finding strategic logic
- Collecting data to build your strategy
- The role of history in formulating strategy
- Valuing focus as a growth strategy
- Becoming a focused competitor
- Selecting diversification as a strategy
- Reviewing examples of successful diversified firms
- Using innovation as a strategy
- Improving your "strategy sense"
Understanding Yourself, Your Organization, Your Competitor, and Your Customer
- What organizational structures and cultural aspects are critical to understand successful strategy implementation?
- What is the role of behavioral psychology in successful implementation?
- How do you engage colleagues and combat competitors?
- How do you guide a customer from ignorance to advocacy using a Customer Journey Map?
Developing the Organization for Strategic Change
- Focusing organizational energy: Identifying non-negotiable elements of a strategy.
- Defining implementation based on growth by exploration or exploitation.
- Institutionalizing innovation.
- Determining the right performance measures.
Who should attend
This program prepares senior-level executives to formulate and execute strategy at the corporate, business, or functional level in an organization. Senior corporate executives to division managers in long-established businesses, as well as entrepreneurs leading smaller firms, will find value in attending.
Titles include: president, CEO, managing director, owner, executive vice president, senior vice president, and senior director.