Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.
Who should attend
This programme is aimed at family members, affording a safe environment for sharing and learning from peers.
- Owners of family businesses and next generation family business owners
- Owners of family passive assets
- Key principals within family offices
In particular we encourage multiple generations of family members to attend together. Participants will have all completed their education and started their professional career.
Application for the programme is taken very seriously. The applications are reviewed with care to ensure the group is homogeneous in terms of objectives and experience. We endeavour to revert to each applicant within 48 hours (over a working week).
About the course
All organisations today face unprecedented challenges in terms of social, regulatory and environmental concerns. Family businesses are no different, and yet are in the unique position of being able to 'reinterpret' their traditional values to respond to these demands with agility and flexibility.
Soon family businesses will have up to four generations managing their organisations. Key issues around strategy and direction will come from different perspectives, with varied priorities. This programme will future-proof these challenges by viewing these issues through the prism of the circular economy. Whilst being firmly set within a practical context of governance, tax planning and wealth management, there will also be the opportunity to reflect on succession and engagement as the generations build a tailored approach together.
The programme draws upon the leading-edge research of Dr Khaled Soufani, Director of the Circular Economy Centre (CEC) at Cambridge Judge Business School, in conjunction with Iraj Ispahani of Ispahani Advisory and Philip Marcovici of the Offices of Philip Marcovici.
Topics to be covered will include:
- Family Businesses and the Circular Economy
- Developing a Strategic Growth Mindset
- Navigating the New Innovation Landscape
- Organisational Behaviour and the Family Business
- Family Governance
- Leadership in Families and Family Businesses
- Building Effective Teams
- International Taxation and the Needs of Wealth and Business Owners in the Coming Decades
- Alternative Finance
- The Structures Families Use
- Reconciling the Past and Future of Your Family Business
The Circular Economy and Family Business
The concept of the circular economy focusses on enabling a more sustainable model for growth and competitiveness. This overlay to the topics covered will provide a unique opportunity to explore this in the context of families, family business and family wealth.
Led by Dr Khal Soufani, the Academic Programme Director and the Director of the Cambridge Judge Circular Economy Centre, the faculty deliver an innovative and valuable approach to show how family businesses can do things in innovative ways, bringing new opportunities for growth, sustainability, excitement, engagement and longevity.
This programme outlines the opportunities and benefits of a circular approach in a much wider context than is normally considered.
Participants will have the opportunity to select and follow several supplementary 'interest streams' of their choice. Based on the theme of the 'Circular Economy and the Family', these include:
- Learning from others: methodologies of successful businesses
- Understanding conflicts of interests and political change: protecting family interests through a different way of engaging with advisors and with governments
- Community focus: why supporting our communities works for families and family businesses
Videos and materials
Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.