Who should attend
All staff who need to communicate in a confident, efficient and friendly manner on the telephone. It is ideal for those who have frequent contact with customers and is suited to those on switchboard or reception, in customer service, call centers and help desks and those in a team secretary role.
About the course
We are all 'Customers' and more aware of the greater choices available to us in purchasing anything, compared to twenty years ago. If we just look at the U.A.E. the variety available to us today is phenomenal - whether it be restaurants, cinemas, food outlets, shopping malls, fashion stores, etc. We have virtually unlimited choice, and the choices grow day-by-day.
Therefore it is vitally important for businesses to, not only attract first time customers, but more importantly, to turn those customers into 'repeat and return' customers. Millions of dollars are lost every year because of poor handling of customers by company staff. But customers who are consistently well handled will return again and again - bringing you more business. Bad telephone technique and poor customer care will lose you customers. If statistics show that it costs approximately eight times as much to find a new customer, compared to keeping an existing one, isn't it in your interest to try to retain and expand your existing customer base through providing top class service?
## Course Objectives
- Delegates will learn how to prevent and handle complaints
- The importance of customer service and customer care will be emphasized throughout the two days of the program
- The difference between 'ordinary' and 'extraordinary' service will be discussed
- Delegates will examine and practice good telephone manners and how to deal face-to-face with customers
- They will understand how each individual contributes to the company's overall image
- The special techniques necessary to be effective on the telephone will be demonstrated and practiced
- Delegates will be able to identify correct and incorrect telephone standards
WHAT YOU WILL GAIN
- The ability to consistently create a good impression for yourself and your company / organization
- A good knowledge of the steps of managing a customer complaint
- The skills to deal professionally with various situations in relation to providing top quality customer care for customers
- Increased confidence in dealing with all types of customers - both face-to-face and on the telephone Increased business for your company / organization
## Course Outline
- Identifying Your Customers
- Why Do We Lose Customers?
- Identifying 'Perception Points' For Your Organization
- The Six Steps Of Customer Service
- Aspects Of Communication
- Sharpen Your Questioning Skills : Effective And Ineffective Questions
- Developing Active And Effective Listening Skills
- Creating Memorable First Impressions And Lasting Last Impressions
- Aspects Of Telecommunication
- Essential Telephone Etiquette Opening: A Warm Welcome Closing: A Remembered Goodbye Hold: The Professional Way Transfer: Warm Transfer Or Cold Transfer? Infusing Positivity In The Call
- Identifying Queries, Concerns And Complaints
- How To Successfully Handle Customer Complaints
- Techniques On Handling Difficult Callers
- Designing A Professional Customer Service Charter
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.