About the course
Gain the competence and confidence to apply collaboration to create the best solutions for positive business results.
Put group leadership and collaborative skills to work
The increasing pace of technology causes more change and complexity, creating a world where one person can’t have all answers and there is no absolute truth, only different perspectives. Leadership skills needed today demand that we have the competence and confidence to bring people with a variety of skills and cultures together, collaborate and consider multiple viewpoints to come up with the best solutions to complex problems.
This course is about “how” you apply tools, methods, approaches and mind-sets. At Hyper Island we design sessions based on experience based learning which means learning by doing. You will be working through tasks and exercises experiencing evolving group dynamics, exploring tools for culture and group creation as well as creative tools and models for ideation and collaborative working.
What you’ll take away from this course is the practical use of the tools, how to deal with the ‘how’ and other processes that emerge, as well as having applied and reflected upon your leadership. You will leave having practiced team development in action, seen how you can influence others and having a clearer view on your strengths as a leader through the medium of peer feedback. Gain the competence and confidence to collaborate and create the best solutions for positive business results.
What you will learn
By the time you finish this course you should have acquired knowledge and skills that you’ll be able to use right away in your work or add to your resume.
- A deep understanding of the theoretical background to team development and group dynamics
- Understand facilitative leadership and how to put team collaboration to work for you and your organization
- Know how to work with teams and culture development and how to create solutions through the use of collective intelligence
- Understand how to continuously apply learning, self-leadership and awareness
- Increased self-awareness and an understanding of human needs and behaviour
- Develop a growth mindset to solve potential issues without getting stuck in past methods
- Cultivate a strong self awareness of your strengths and challenges
- Capability to read a group, uncovering what is said and what is unsaid and the ability to solve complex problems through team collaboration
- Ability to apply the right tools and methods that builds trust and confidence in teams and to lead teams through team developmental stages
- Create a suitable session to address the identified needs in a group and effectively use reflection and feedback for personal development and team building
- Ability to effectively communicate the importance of good teamwork for business growth
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.