Who should attend
The program is designed for managers and leaders who want to improve their personal leadership skills and the performance of their team.
This progam is open to all candidates but especially recommended to people coming from fragile economies and post-conflict countries.
About the course
Developing your leadership influencing skills to improve team performance
The Team Leadership Influencing Skills program mainly targets participants from non-European countries and/or NGOs who are active in these countries.
Cross-cutting competences that are needed at the different levels of leadership such as having self awareness, being able to influence, being an effective communicator and a good conflict mediator as well as being an independent learner, are all part of the MSM Team Leadership influencing skills course. In addition to these general leadership competences, this training will also focus on specific skills like presentation skills and skills in chairing a meeting.
The ability to lead teams and organizations of all shapes and sizes is an essential skill to improve team and organizational performance. Team leaders and organizational leaders need to have a solid understanding of group dynamics and must have the skills to lead without authority, to engage team members, and to leverage constructive conflicts and minimize destructive conflicts. An organizational leader must also be able to build good relationships with external stakeholders that can positively or negatively influence the performance of the organization.
Reasons to follow the Team leadership influencing skills course
- Get a better understanding how group dynamics work and how you as a leader can influence the group dynamics of the team
- Develop your skills of solving conflicts in a group
- Enhance your communication skills to effectively communicate with different team members and stakeholders
At the end of the course you
- will be able to chair effectively a team meeting
- will be able to effectively negotiate with stakeholders
- will understand how to motivate and engage team members
- will be able to have constructive performance meetings
- will be able to pitch ideas
- will be able to develop and give convincing presentations
- will have an understanding of how to deal with conflicts in a team
Topics included in the program are:
- Dialogue skills
- Professional communication, presentation
- Chairing an effective meeting
- Translating motivation theories into management actions in relation to the situation of the team and the team members
- Leading team and stakeholder meetings
- Group dynamics and solving conflicts in a group
Classes will be a mixture of lecturing and practice. Role plays and simulation games form an important part of the program and will be used to put the theory into practice. Participants are expected to share their own experiences and to fully participate in all games, role plays, discussions and assignments. Most of the class activities will be done in groups and all participants should respect other participants and be open to learn from each other.
Miriam Frijns has been working at MSM as a program manager and trainer since 1994. She has trained multicultural management groups, on different leadership and management related topics. In October 1998 she started Training Advice Centre: “Nihil Admiraria”. Nihil Admiraria develops corporate mana...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.