Who should attend
Remote team leaders or participants who wish to function more collaboratively for better results.
About the course
Function more collaboratively for better results
Working with remote teams, either as a leader or a member, can be challenging. But when remote teams learn how to collaborate well, they are more motivated and empowered to perform at their productive best.
In this half-day workshop, you will learn how to collaborate successfully with remote teams in order to achieve performance goals. Mobilize the power of remote teams to generate creative options and solutions. Facilitate effective group decision making. Encourage everyone to contribute equally. Enable peak performance in both individuals and groups.
The program can be taken on its own or as part of the Leading Self and Others in the New Workplace series, a 5-course survival kit of communication and leadership programs for skilling up in changing times.
Online program format
This facilitator-led online program is highly interactive, enabling you to network with peers, brainstorm ideas and engage in virtual breakout room activities. You will also have access to online articles, videos, strategies and templates for getting the best results from remote teams.
Benefits for you
- Expand your thinking about what true “collaboration” on remote teams looks like
- Apply strategies and techniques for facilitating effective remote collaboration
- Identify, manage and overcome key obstacles like distractions, conflict and technical gaps
- Facilitate full participation and get timely project updates
- Mobilize collective power in an online setting
Module 1: Preparing to Collaborate: Setting Up Remote Teams for Success
- Getting started: gaining accountability and trust among remote team members
- Establishing and enforcing a systematic communication process for remote team collaboration
Module 2: Facilitating Collaboration on Remote Teams
- Identifying a common goal for remote team collaboration
- Best practices for facilitating remote team collaboration individually and as a group
Module 3: Managing Disagreement Constructively
- Why constructive disagreement is especially important for remote teams
- Collaboration tips and techniques for generating creative ideas and solutions remotely
Summary and Action Planning
You will have online access to a “Remote Team Collaboration" toolkit containing useful articles, checklists, templates and techniques.
Gail Levitt, president of Levitt Communications Inc., is an influential leadership facilitator, coach and mentor with a unique approach that engages and inspires participants to learn and apply both theory and practice for peak performance. Gail offers a wide range of influential leadership topic...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.