Teaching With Technology
While technology in education is not a silver bullet that can solve all of the challenges facing the contemporary educational landscape, if effectively used, teaching with technology can have a pronounced impact on addressing some of the most critical challenges facing South Africa’s teachers today.
Whether you’re a teacher in the primary, secondary, tertiary and higher education sectors; an instructional designer; or are interested in the field of educational technology, this course focused on technology in education is a great tool for improving your teaching methods and strategies through the use of technology in your classroom.
Have a greater impact on the lives of your students by using technology for teaching in your classroom with this teaching with technology online course.
What will set you apart
Through this 12-week education technology course, you’ll be able to:
- Expand your teaching opportunities by having a practical knowledge of how to integrate educational technology into teaching in the most effective way
- Better engage your students and enrich their learning experience by understanding how different types of educational technology - such as gamification- can be used for teaching activities
- Take on new responsibilities in the education or training sector through your ability to create a blended learning environment and to operate a Learning Management System that elevates technology in education
Take your teaching strategies to a new level by learning how to integrate technology in education. With a personalised and supported framework, you’ll study in your own time, guided by industry experts and a dedicated support team. Here’s what you’ll cover:
- Orientation Module: Welcome to the Virtual Learning Environment
- Course Module 1: Pedagogy and the technology-enhanced classroom
- Course Module 2: Effective instructional strategies
- Course Module 3: Implementing technology-enhanced teaching
- Course Module 4: Integrating Personal Learning Devices
- Course Module 5: Creating a blended learning environment
- Course Module 6: Using collaborative and interactive learning tools
- Course Module 7: Using gamification and e-Learning simulations
- Course Module 8: Employing online feedback and assessment tools
- Course Module 9: Benefitting from an appropriate Learning Management System
- Course Module 10: Integrating technology into curriculum planning
- Course Module 11: Evaluating the effectiveness of technology-enhanced teaching
- Course Module 12: Refining your curriculum plan