Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Indian Institute of Management Bangalore.Full disclaimer.
Management teaching is a specialized competence with three specific sub-competencies: course design, class preparation and delivery, and creation of specific teaching aids. This programme seeks to address these competencies in the context of management teaching. Use of technology in higher education has moved beyond teaching aids to MOOCs and asynchronous modes of learning. This programme will introduce participants to the nuances of digital learning, including flipped classrooms and blended programmes.
The programme is a capsuled version for management teachers of more than 10 years of experience.
- Course design: Deciding the positioning of the course within the programme; designing the flow of modules and topics in the course; defining the assurance of learning (AOL) and various forms of evaluations (exams, quizzes, assignments, projects, and simulation games); and decisions around pedagogy mix in the courses.
- Class preparation and delivery: Specific focus on case method of teaching; case selection, preclass preparation, class room choreography, student engagement, managing blackboard plans; customizing teaching styles to different audiences; creating your own teaching style.
- Case writing: Specific tools and techniques for writing management cases; defining case leads and learning outcomes; writing the case narrative; sourcing data for primary and secondary cases; the case writing project as a research programme; and writing effective teaching notes. The split model of the programme allows for participants to try their hand at writing a case in the break between the modules.
- The programme will help management teachers hone/sharpen their their skills, including course design ,classroom delivery and assessments;
- Help teachers network with each other and share best-in-class practices and processes.
Who should attend
Full time tenured (or tenure-track) faculty, Professors of Practice, and visiting faculty on long-term contracts.
Senior Career Management Teachers with more than 10 years of teaching experience.