About the course
The only private equity and venture capital event completely devised and delivered by industry practitioners, the Tax, Legal & Regulatory Conference delivers a detailed overview of the most important technical developments shaping the market today. Now in its tenth year, this one-day conference addresses the practical impact of regulatory and taxation changes, whilst providing excellent networking opportunities.
Topics to be discussed
- Brexit: state of play, politics and the future relationship
- Senior Managers & Certification Regime
- Fundraising and new EU marketing requirements
- Investment firm regulation and directive
- Financial crime
- Sustainability and ESG
- Governance and stewardship
- Cost transparency
- New BVCA short form NDA for buyout transactions
- Review of BVCA’s standard form documents for VC early stage investment
- Replacement of LIBOR
- Tax management/practice issues - preparing for new EU disclosure rules; UK partnership reporting and more
- Impact on holding company platforms of CJEU case, EU’s Anti-Tax Avoidance Directive II and OECD’s work on treaty abuse
- OECD digitalisation programme
- Latest on carried interest
- 08:30 - 17:30 Main conference
- 17:30 - 19:00 Drinks reception
Professor Ian Cooper joined London Business School in 1978. He is Professor of Finance and has taught widely across all the programmes of the School. He currently teaches corporate finance and valuation to both masters students and executives. He has also held positions at the University of Chica...
Gurpreet Manku is the BVCA’s Deputy Director General and Director of Policy. She is responsible for leading the BVCA’s response to a wide range of issues and challenges facing the industry from a legal and regulatory perspective, both in the UK and Europe. She is also the executive liaison to the...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.