Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with University of Cape Town.Full disclaimer.
Tax is only one form of government revenue, but it’s one of the biggest. That means tax evasion comes with serious consequences. Every year, as tax season draws closer, professionals start feeling the pressure of filling in their income tax returns. But with the right training, income tax laws don’t have to be intimidating.
Whether you’re interested in becoming a tax professional or wanting to become more tax law efficient in your current role, this eight week taxation course will give you the means to demystify the world of taxation law administration. Expect to learn about various types of tax law from this income tax course, including capital gains tax, and your legal rights and requirements as a taxpayer.
What will set you apart
After completing the UCT Tax Law course, you’ll be equipped to:
- Turn your business into a tax-efficient entity, aligned with current income tax laws
- Prove you’re more than your job description by offering sound taxation law advice or assistance to your employer, clients and stakeholders
- Ensure your business or employer is prepared when it comes to paying income tax, by being able to resolve and deal with income tax laws disputes and communicate the legal implications of tax fraud and evasion
This tax course is designed to help you have an immediate impact on your business's income tax laws function. Each week of this income tax online course you’ll tackle a new module, giving you maximum flexibility to work in your own free time.
- Orientation Module: Welcome to your Online Campus
- Course Module 1: An introduction to South African tax
- Course Module 2: Personal income tax
- Course Module 3: Business income tax
- Course Module 4: Capital gains tax
- Course Module 5: Taxation of trusts
- Course Module 6: Other taxes
- Course Module 7: Value added tax
- Course Module 8: Tax administration