Tax Data Science
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Nyenrode Business University.Full disclaimer.
Tax Data Science
During the program you will learn about:
- Data Science: data collection, processing, cleansing, modelling, analyzing and reporting – and the underlying mathematics, statistics and information science.
- The latest developments in relevant tax technologies and tools like (Big) Data Analytics, Data visualization, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Natural Langue Processing, chat bots, block chain, etc.
- The latest developments in International Tax Law driving data growth and the need for Data Science, such as BEPS, CbCr, FATCA, AEoI, CRS, etc.
- Relevant organizational topics like digital transformation, agility and scrum, and legal topics like the EU Data Protection Directive.
After completion of the program, you are able to:
- work with the accuracy of a data scientist;
- design solutions to questions that do not have an answer yet;
- work in international teams across jurisdictions;
- deal with effects and (unintended) side-effects of digitization of tax;
- implement solutions in a politicized environment.
In our Tax Data Science program, experts give their vision and tell you form their own experience about the main principles and insights in this field.
The Modules center on:
- Introducing Data Science in the world of taxes, with a focus on core Data Science concepts and how to set up data-driven action research.
- Deep-diving into working with raw data. Learning to ingest and analyze data sets using statistical programs like R. Working on developing working prototypes using AI and Machine Learning.
- Focusing on applying Data Science to the latest tax topics. International best practices.
- Integrating Tax and Data Science, organizational and legal contexts, and strengthening your relevant consultative skills.
- Group and individual presentations and workshops based on the action research conducted during the program. For this, selected international thought leaders as well as the participants' sponsors, will be invited to join and give feedback on findings.
Subject to change.
You will be coached throughout the program to support your personal development, integrate the content, and translate newly acquired knowledge into better workplace performance.
You will be assessed based on your team's action research as well as an individual assignment.
Who should attend
- Tax experts within companies;
- Tax experts within tax authorities;
- Finance and IT experts working on tax issues;
- Tax consultants;
- Tax experts within technology companies.
You need to have relevant knowledge and/or experience in either tax or data science and show a high motivation to be selected for this program. The maximum number of participants is 20.