Who should attend
This course is recommended for talent management, L&D and HR professionals as well as managers who want to drive performance in their organisation through developing and managing talent strategically.
About the course
This course will help you to develop a business case and strategy for world‐class talent management and development in your organisation. There is a particular focus on developing leadership talent at all levels whilst demonstrating the impact and value of this for the organisation. From aligning your talent approach to your organisation's strategy, to choosing the right talent tools, techniques and technologies, you'll find this course both strategic and cutting‐edge yet, at the same time, very practical.
By the end of this course you'll be able to:
- align talent management and talent development with organisational strategy and direction
- develop a business case for world-class talent management and development in your organisation
- develop leadership talent at all levels
- demonstrate the impact and value of talent development for the organisation
- select the right talent tools, techniques and technologies.
- Identify key talent practices of successful organisations today
- Align talent management strategy with your organisation’s overall strategy and direction, taking into account trends in the wider sector and industry
- Give your organisation clarity around the business case and the benefits of prioritising the talent agenda
- Identify what other organisations are doing to prioritise talent management
- Choose the right succession planning approach for your organisation’s context and strategy
- Develop consistent and meaningful indicators of potential for your organisation
- Consider how your organisation assesses talent readiness and tracks talent in the leadership pipeline
- Identify technologies to support talent management and development
- Leverage talent across the business, transcending traditional silos
- Engaging key stakeholders in the talent development process
- Design and use key experiences to accelerate the development of leadership talent
- Develop leadership talent in a global context with the relevant cultural considerations and dynamics
- Build a coaching and mentoring culture that develops a learning organisation and fosters talent development
- Promote a new mind set and skillset around feedback for developing technical talent
- Make informed choices about talent profiling tools for career development
Other course elements and benefits:
- A clear business case for talent management
- Increased confidence to lead the talent agenda
- Key strategic questions to discuss and clarify in your organisation
- Case studies of world-class talent development
- Network and benchmark with other talent professionals, from other organisations
- A survey of practical tools and technologies to support talent management
- A survey of useful profiling tools for developing talent
- Dozens of organisational examples from different industries
- Relevant to private, public and third sector
- Opportunities to consider and discuss the learning in relational to your organisational context
- Signposts to books and resources for further reading and CPD
Andrew is a trainer, facilitator, coach and consultant with a focus on leadership and engagement, management development, learning and talent development, and strategic HR. With a passion for helping people and organisations to learn, develop and achieve their strategic goals, Andrew has worked c...
Videos and materials
Read more about Human Capital Management
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.