Talent Acquisition and Planning
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with eCornell.Full disclaimer.
Attracting the right talent to the right positions is one of the top challenges today’s organizations face. Hiring is on the rise and competition for skilled employees is steeper than ever. And beyond talent acquisition, companies are under a multitude of pressures to effectively manage their talent, build a pipeline of future leaders, and reduce employee turnover.
In this Talent Acquisition and Planning Certificate program, you’ll learn key strategies to plan for and acquire quality talent for your team, organization, or clients, including how to adapt to evolving market conditions to recruit and retain employees with the necessary skills to further organizational goals. By focusing not just on the “how” but the “why,” you’ll have the opportunity to refine your approach to effective talent acquisition and interviewing to create a powerful employment brand that resonates in the workforce. The courses will also explore a framework for aligning job compensation to performance while steering clear of risks and equity concerns.
Ultimately, you’ll come away with an agile approach for attracting, developing, and engaging critical talent so you can meet the demands of changing environments with changing needs.
- Finding and Managing Talent Through Social Media
- Facilitating Staffing Decisions
- Effective Hiring and Interviewing
- Attracting and Retaining Talent with Performance Pay
- Getting Results through Talent Management
- Measuring and Compensating for Performance
KEY COURSE TAKEAWAYS
- Plan for current and future talent needs
- Develop a hiring plan that maximizes your likelihood of a good hire
- Attract and recruit quality talent
- Determine a value proposition for an employer brand
- Develop a social media communication plan to attract talent to an organization
- Conduct interviews that yield good decision-making data while energizing applicants
- Mitigate risk in making selection decisions
- Devise strategies for developing, engaging, and retaining key talent
- Choose pay-for-performance elements to attract and retain superstars
- Align your approach to talent management with your organization’s overall business strategy
WHAT YOU'LL EARN
- Talent Acquisition and Planning Certificate from Cornell ILR School
- 48 Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
- 5 Professional Development Units (PDUs) toward PMI recertification