Who should attend
The program is ideal for open-minded, curious managers and leaders who want to equip themselves with the skills needed to succeed in leading people and networks in future types of work. The emphasis is on collaboration and identifying the best leadership approach in different contexts.
The program will suit both seasoned leaders who want to deepen their expertise in leading people through changes in the nature of work, and leaders who are at the beginning of their leadership journey and want to be equipped to succeed in leading people and business.
The program is for those of you who:
- would like to encourage your organization to do things differently, faster, and more efficiently;
- wish to engage and inspire your people in order to unleash the energy within them;
- want to lead relationships and collaboration in networks for greater customer value;
- need to be the genuine you and act as a role model in your organization; and
- want to get enthusiastic and energized about leadership.
The program is also perfect for managers and leaders identified in the Talent Management process as having leadership development needs.
About the course
Inspire with Purpose
The fourth revolution of work has begun. Leadership is still the key element in driving success – but leadership itself is also changing. The leadership of the future is purpose-driven and relies on inspiring and motivating people, not only within organizations but also in networks.
In this program, you will learn the key elements of future leadership:
- Your leadership identity – Using the world’s leading personality assessment Hogan, you deep dive into yourself and create the self-awareness crucial for an authentic leader.
- The future of work – Based on the latest research from Aalto University, you analyze the critical competencies needed for future success and the role of a leader.
- Leading performance – You will learn to lead with purpose in a variety of contexts and networks.
- Leading continuous change – You will approach change and challenges as a growth opportunity and learn to instill energy and a sense of purpose into your organization, even in difficult times.
To be a leader in a complex environment requires a strong sense of self and the ability to tailor your leadership in different contexts. Authenticity and self-awareness are the building blocks for this new approach to leadership. Inspiring people and leading growth begins with understanding what makes you tick. Are you ready to be inspired – and to inspire others?
A new program designed for you to succeed as a leader in driving your organization's growth in various and complex contexts
Experience our uniqueness – the profound research of Aalto's Future of Work and Arts – to lure your emotions and guarantee you a deep memory trace on your learning journey
Benefit from Hogan, the world's leading personality assessment, to steer your development, as well as from tools and frameworks that you can apply in your work
Using self-assessment, participants will develop a profound self-awareness that enables them to steer a path in the VUCA world (Volatile, Uncertain, Complex, Ambiguous), build successful and committed teams, and lead collaboration.
Self-awareness through self-assessment and reflection will enable you to develop the skills, critical thinking, and confidence needed to lead with purpose.
Art-based methods will stimulate your senses to give you awareness of your unused potential and perception of new ideas and perspectives. Art also entices your emotions – it guarantees your development as a fluent and purposeful leader.
Learn to influence and collaborate in a variety of networks and contexts, and inspire the confidence and creativity that already exists within people.
Participants will deepen their capacity and holistic view to make an impact and explore new business possibilities.
Contents and Schedule
The program themes cover how to succeed as a leader, how to connect people and networks with a purpose and lead change and performance by coaching, even when you face challenges. The modules include examples, case studies, and innovative methodologies to truly challenge your old ways of thinking and get started with your leadership development.
The program consists of three two-day modules held every second month in spring 2020. The face-to-face modules will be interactive with much discussion, a leading self-assessment exercise framed in the context of business and leadership, and frameworks and exercises to broaden your thinking. An interim reflection method ensures implementing your learning in practice. The aim is to support your critical thinking and ability to analyze leadership situations to develop an optimal tailored and contextual approach to leadership.
- Individual preparation and self-assessment with Hogan Assessments
- Three two-day modules
- Energizing sessions with Aalto EE, executive instructors, and peers
- Between modules
- Interim reflection method and experiments to ensure implementing your learning into practice
Pre-program: Hogan Assessment
- The world's leading personality assessment will give you profound self-awareness and an understanding of what makes you tick.
- Your Hogan assessment results will be utilized in each module of the program – each time from a slightly different angle.
Opening of the program and Key note: Ethical blindness in Leadership
- How does leader’s values direct decision making?
- The concept of Ethical Blindness
Future of Work and Leadership Identity
- Based on the latest research, you will understand how and why work will change in the future.
- You will learn the key elements for successful leadership in the future and how to inspire people with purpose.
- Me as a leader – You will evolve your leadership identity through self-assessment and self-awareness with innovative tools and frameworks.
Leading Performance in Variety of Contexts and Networks
- To reach peak performance and results, you first learn to identify the business context in which you are operating.
- You will learn how to build and coach the best functioning and performing teams in a particular situation.
- You will learn to lead collaboration in networks and partnerships.
Leading Challenges and Change to Make an Impact
- to expand your self-awareness and understanding of how to react when facing challenges;
- how to lead in stressful situations, as well as how to benefit from conflicts and confrontation; and
- how to see change as a growth opportunity and learn to instill energy and a sense of purpose to support people in change.
Dr. Pekka Mattila serves as a Professor of Practice at the Aalto University School of Business. He works frequently with both European and Asian executive audiences on themes of strategic management and agility, strategy co-creation, business model innovation, executive leadership, top team dynam...
Research interests Organizational behavior and leadership Creativity, innovation, proactiveness, and ambidextrous behavior at the individual level Strategy-making, knowledge sharing, social exchange relationships, brokerage behavior Education Ph.D. (organization and management), Aalto Universit...
Post-doctoral Researcher, Aalto University School of Business Hertta Vuorenmaa is a Post-doctoral Researcher at the Department of Management at Aalto University School of Business. Vuorenmaa is an experienced researcher and trainer. She has been working as a researcher in several large Academy ...
Eero Vaara is Professor of Management and Organization at Aalto University School of Business, Helsinki, Finland, and permanent Visiting Professor at EMLYON Business School, France. He is also a Distinguisehd visiting scholar at Lancaster University and Adjunct Professor at Copenhagen Business Sc...
Riina Gröhn specializes in developing leaders to increase their self-awareness and self-leadership skills, to understand what in their own leadership style can work for and against them, and to build emotional intelligence in leading others, especially during transformation and change. She holds...
Juha Äkräs is Co-founder and Executive Chairman of Hintsa Performance. Additionally, he works as Executive in Residence in Aalto University, School of Business, Department of Management. He is co-leading a research program called “The Exponential Work Project: Cascading Wellbeing Climate & Or...
Videos and materials
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.