Who should attend
- Three years of higher education
- Five years of professional experience (excluding internships)
- Delegates should be bilingual in English and French
About the course
Find solutions for sustainable and inclusive leadership in emerging markets
The LeAD Campus Sustainable Leadership in Africa Executive Certificate is a unique international programme for senior executives doing business in Africa.
Tailor-made and co-developed by AFD, Mohammed VI Polytechnic University, HEC Paris and the UCT Graduate School of Business, the programme focuses on key areas of leadership and the challenges, opportunities and practicalities of running a business in the dynamic African context. Taught through a blend of theory and practice, the programme seeks to strike a balance between economic, social, societal and environmental performance.
The programme is offered in English and French, over five modules hosted in five countries.
Developing and future-proofing african leaders
This results-based international leadership programme equips executives and senior managers to develop and strengthen their leadership skills and their ability to support change and achieve sustainable performance.
The programme offers an opportunity for collaborative engagement – across continents, sectors, organisations and business functions as delegates learn alongside stakeholders and specialists in various fields. The course content draws on the extensive knowledge and expertise of the top-ranked partner institutions, combined with an immersive hands-on practical experience – including field visits and study tours to key organisations and inspiring change actors.
Who Will Benefit from This Course?
This course will benefit:
- Company directors, senior executives and high-potential executives from African companies or international organisations
- Administration executives in the public or para-public sectors
- Managers of NGOs and social enterprises
What Will I Gain from This Course?
- Be able to develop innovative and effective business models from an economic, social and environmental perspective
- Gain practical hands-on experience through field trips and study tours to relevant organisations
- Be able to understand and navigate geopolitical, economic, technological, social and societal challenges
- Gain access to experienced international professors and practitioners
- Have an opportunity to network with diverse global stakeholders and build bridges between Africa and the rest of the world
What are the Course Topics?
Module 1 (Five days: Morocco - Ben Guerir)
Major challenges and megatrends of the African continent
- Exploring and reflecting on the key challenges
- Developing a comprehensive understanding of the challenges and potential of the African continent in a changing world
Module 2 (Five days: Ivory Coast - Abidjan)
Acting with impact: the building blocks for sustainable and responsible growth
- Revisiting the models for sustainable performance in traditional companies
Module 3 (Four days: Kenya - Nairobi)
Acting for impact: innovative business models that address and meet Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
- Understanding the fundamental aspects of strategic analysis and strategic innovation
- Studying innovative business models aimed at meeting Sustainable Development Goals
Module 4 (Five days: South Africa - Cape Town)
Improving the coherence of support functions in order to implement a responsible business strategy
- Developing support functions, and creative methods, that are aligned with the change management and sustainable business strategy of the company
Module 5 (Four days: France - Paris)
Enlightened leaders meeting the challenges of the 21st century
- Studying the impact of the digital revolution on organisations and working practices
- Strengthening the ties between Africa and France by capitalising on entrepreneurship to co-develop solutions
- Leveraging African entrepreneurship in order to drive transformation
Participants will carry out a transformation/innovation project that has an impact on the African continent alongside the programme – providing an opportunity to apply what is learned in the modules to a real-life project, which will act as a common thread throughout the programme.
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.