Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
About the course
This first session of the programme deals with the 'why' of sustainable finance. What it is (and what it is not) as well as the big picture in terms of how it connects with other activities.
Please note: Attendees must ensure they are able to attend all sessions before registering for this course.
Sessions on Day 1 are
- Finance and the Financial System—Where are we and how did we get here
- Global Challenges—How serious are they and what will it take to solve them
- Sustainable Finance—What does it mean, what doesn't it mean, and how do we measure it?
- Panel Debate—Whose job is global sustainability and stability anyway?
Sessions on Day 2
- Turning climate risk into climate opportunity—Disclosure and scenario analysis
- Understanding 'Paris Alignment' for financial institutions and related opportunities it creates
- Sustainable Finance products and services—Opportunities for organisations
- Panel Debate—Climate change: risk AND opportunity?
- Post-session learning asks cohorts for a 'pitch document' outlining an innovation intended for their organisation. An expert panel will feed back, with participants volunteering to pitch proposals over lunch on Day 3.
Sessions on Day 3
- Organisations and projects supporting agents of change towards Sustainable Finance
- Identifying and overcoming obstacles to change
- Sustainable Finance case study panel
- Closing keynote—the role of capitalism in a sustainable world
Dr Sarah Birrell Ivory is a Lecturer in Climate Change and Business Strategy at the University of Edinburgh Business School (UEBS), a Fellow of the Higher Education Academy, and an elected non-professorial member of the University of Edinburgh Senatus Academicus. She is a Co-Director of the Centr...
Postdoctoral Researcher - 09/2014 – 06/2015: University of Exeter, College of Life and Environmental Science, Penryn, UK Working on the inter-agency project ‘Volunteering and Social Care’ exploring the role of volunteers to provide some of the social care services that support health and wellbe...
Videos and materials
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.