Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
Who should attend
This course provides the knowledge and skills to use a Windows Vista operating system image and application package deployment infrastructure to minimize the downtime at the Windows Vista client. It is designed for experienced enterprise level IT professionals.
About the course
This instructor-led course provides students with the knowledge and skills to use a Windows Vista operating system image and application package deployment infrastructure to minimize the downtime at the Windows Vista client. The desktop support technicians can use this infrastructure to improve the support experience in the following scenarios: New installations, Single computer migrations and Single computer reinstallations. The course also provides guidance on how to install application packages on Windows Vista computers for support scenarios that require application updates or reinstalls.
The audience of this course is experienced enterprise level IT Professionals who focus on a broad range of desktop operating system, desktop application, mobile device, networking, and hardware support issues. As working professionals, students must combine technical expertise with problem solving and decision making skills and a deep understanding of their business and technical environments to quickly resolve support issues. They consider all variables, justify resolutions with a logical troubleshooting approach, and relate tradeoffs to business and technical requirements and constraints.
Delegates will learn how to
- Describe how the Windows Vista deployment options can be used to improve the support experience at the desktop.
- Identify the most appropriate method to support Windows Vista recovery on site.
- Identify the components of the Windows Vista user state and safely backup and restore that data.
- Utilize Windows Vista application packages to improve the process of application installation and maintenance at the Windows Vista client computer.
- Explain how to troubleshoot Windows Vista application package installations
Preparing to Apply Desktop Images This module explains how to describe the necessary steps required to prepare a computer for Windows Vista image deployment.
- Identifying the Support Scenarios
- Preparing the Target Computer
- Backing up the User State
Supporting Computers with Desktop Images
- This module explains how to apply a Windows Vista operating system image to a target computer.
- Obtaining the Desktop Image
- Verifying the Desktop Image Application
Restoring and Validating User State
- This module explains how to restore and validate user state on a newly deployed Windows Vista desktop image.
- Restoring User State
- Verifying User State
- Lab : Restoring and Verifying User State
- This module explains the steps required to prepare a Windows Vista computer for application installation.
- Preparation Steps for Installing an Application Package
- Testing Application Packages
- Lab: Preparing to Install an Application Package
Creating and Deploying an Application Installation Package
- This module explains how to create and deploy application installation packages to Windows Vista computers.
- Application Package Deployment Methods
- Creating the Application Packages
Troubleshooting Application Installations
- This module explains how to troubleshoot issues that are affect application package installation.
- Application Installation Troubleshooting Techniques
- Lab : Troubleshooting Application Installation
A variety of methodologies will be used during the course that includes:
- (30%) Based on Case Studies
- (30%) Techniques
- (30%) Role Play
- (10%) Concepts
- Pre-test and Post-test
- Variety of Learning Methods
- Case Studies and Self Questionaires
- Group Work
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.