About the course
Successfully navigate a business enterprise through risk and uncertainty. You will learn to build risk into decision-making processes by exploring methods and statistical tools to systematically reduce risk in your supply chain environment.
- Understand how business enterprises operate in an environment with varying risks
- Discover the methods for building risk into your decision making
- Learn to use statistical tools to help with forecasting and developing inventory targets to manage uncertainty
- Concepts of statistics for supply chain management
- Inventory management
- Risk analysis
- Decision Trees
- Case-based exercises
- Overview and refresher
- Risk Pooling
- Service Levels
- Dealing with uncertainty through inventory
- Economic Order Quantity
- Pricing/Revenue Management
- News Vendor Model
Biography Sager, Thomas W. Professor, Department of Information, Risk, and Operations Management Tom Sager received his B.A., M.S., and his Ph.D. from the University of Iowa. His teaching and research interests are in applied and theoretical statistics, insurance and financial statistics.
Biography Bagchi, Uttarayan Professor, Department of Information, Risk, and Operations Management Rayan Bagchi received his B.Sc. and M.Sc. from the Indian Institute of Technology (Kharagpur), his M.S. from Washington State University, and his Ph.D. from Pennsylvania State University. His researc...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.