Who should attend
- mid-level managers
- current and future company leaders
- supply-side managers
- supply chain and logistics professionals
- leaders of cross-functional teams
About the course
The current crisis has highlighted the vital importance of supply chain management.
In fact, some businesses that were not prepared for supply chain risk have seen teams, divisions, supply chains, and even the entire company fail to survive. Historically, 20% of companies who experienced a similar catastrophic event were out of business within 15-18 months after the event, and another 15% closed about 2.5 years after the event. The bottom line is that companies that are not prepared for supply chain risk aren’t just endangering their supply chain.
This online certificate program will help participants develop their supply chain risk management capabilities through understanding the key elements of supply chain risk, being able to assess the severity and probability of risk events, and being better prepared to mitigate and manage risks as they occur. Delivered in six 90-minute live sessions, it offers a hands-on, highly practical approach to learning that participants can complete while remaining in the flow of work.
Participants will learn a framework for risk assessment, mitigation, and management; and detailed approaches, tools and techniques for risk assessment, preparedness, and mitigation are included throughout. In addition, the program incorporates the use of emerging technologies such as Big Data, Artificial Intelligence, and Predictive Analytics in anticipating, planning for, avoiding, and managing supply chain risk. Content will be applied and reinforced through practical assignments to be completed between online sessions.
Before the program begins, participants will complete a survey of their current SCRM practices that will guide the instructors in customizing content to meet specific needs. Participants will come away with a solid understanding of the current state of supply chain risk management, including the impact of the COVID crisis, and learn how to develop management strategies and specific plans for dealing with future crises and disruptions.
- Nature and Impact of Supply Chain Risks
- Identifying and Assessing Supply Chain Risks
- Approaches for Mitigating and Managing Supply Chain Risk
- Frameworks for Supporting Effective Risk Management
- Managing Supply Chain Risk Using Big Data and Predictive Analytics
- Planning for and Implementing a Risk Management Program
Participants in this program will:
- Gain a better picture of current risk management practices where you are in terms of risk management maturity.
- Discover approaches to supply chain risk management and resilience that can better position your organization to deal with—and even gain advantage from—risk events and disruptions.
- Learn through a blend of synchronous, virtual interaction with course instructors and fellow participants, and asynchronous online self-learning with instructor guidance and feedback
- Learn the common language of risk management to better share tools and best practices within your organization
Robert Trent teaches at the undergraduate and graduate levels and holds a B.S. degree in materials logistics management, an M.B.A., and a Ph.D. in purchasing/operations management. Prior to his return to academia, Professor Trent spent seven years with Chrysler Corporation. His industrial experi...
Greg Sahlegel is Vice President Business Development for Shertrack, LLC. He is internationally recognized as a supply chain expert and thought leader. With over 25 years supply chain executive leadership experience, Greg held leadership positions with several Fortune 100 companies and spent ove...
Read more about Business Analytics
Read more about Transportation and Logistics
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.