About the course
Answer the fundamental questions of insourcing vs. outsourcing
Dive into the ideas behind value creation and come away with the tools to successfully manage your supply chain.
Two-Day Concentrated Program
Registration begins at 8:00 a.m. and class runs 8:30 – 4:30 both days with a one-hour networking lunch included.
Enjoy proximity to the vibrancy of the campus and downtown Austin, and the innovative, business-friendly environment of the city.
- Translate the strategy to procurement: when and where do we source, from whom do we source, and how much do we pay?
- Learn tools for managing your supply base
- Discuss the total cost of ownership
- Overview and procurement
- Supplier quality and case
- Total cost of ownership
- Procurement in the Corporate Strategy
- Negotiation - Learning Curve
- Supplier Selection
- Global Sourcing
Quality and Supplier Performance
- Statistical Process Control
- Process Capability
- Supplier Performance Management
- Vendor Scorecards
Total Cost of Ownership
- Factors in evaluating cost to the organization
- Establishing value of competing quotes
- Decision Tree Analysis
- Cases - Harriman
- In-sourcing vs. Outsourcing
- Off shoring vs. On shoring
- Lease vs. Own
- Traps to Outsourcing
Lecturer, Department of Information, Risk and Operations Management Associate Director, Supply Chain Management Ph.D, Texas A&M University, 2009 MBA, The University of Virginia, 1985 MSE, The University of Virginia, 1985 BME, Kettering University, 1980 Michael Hasler, PhD is a Lecturer at t...
Read more about Negotiations
Read more about Transportation and Logistics
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.