Who should attend
This capstone is designed for experienced business professionals who perform (or want to perform) data analyses of any form in the area of supply chain, and who seek to get more from their supply chain data. The capstone will benefit learners who want additional tools and who want to become a change agent that tackles strategic supply chain goals.
About the course
As the capstone in the Supply Chain Analytics Professional program, this course incorporates learning advanced analytics and mathematical optimization to find solutions for supply chain problems. You’ll learn various techniques, such as linear programming, mixed integer programming, and heuristics using the fictional Cardboard Company (CBC) case study with your focus on production processes, distribution network optimization, and routing. Culminating in a challenging hackathon, you’ll optimize CBC’s supply chain performance while designing networks, inventory policies, and scenarios and evaluating the outcomes via simulations. On-the-job trainers will support you as your challenges emerge, allowing you to learn how to perform leading edge analytics projects to address the full complexity of your organization’s supply chains.
What You Will Learn
- The role of mathematical optimization in addressing complex supply chain planning challenges
- Linear programming, mixed integer programming, and heuristics application
- How to evaluate production processes, distribution network, and routes using optimization
- Supply chain performance optimization
- Network and inventory policy design
- How to leverage the Power BI and the Microsoft Azure platforms for collaborative planning, visualization, and data management
- How to build optimization models
- Supply chain professionals collaborating in warehouse
How You Will Benefit
- Use mathematical optimization to address complex supply chain planning challenges.
- Understand the application of linear programming, mixed integer programming, and heuristics.
- Apply Python’s optimization capabilities to analyze production processes, distribution networks, and routes.
- Leverage Power BI and Microsoft Azure platforms for collaborative planning, visualization, and data management.
Mr. Brown has over 30 years of experience in supply chain management operations and services as an operations manager, consultant, educator, and executive recruiter. Tim was appointed as Managing Director in the Georgia Tech Supply Chain & Logistics Institute (SCL). SCL is a unit of Georgia ...
Read more about Business Analytics
Read more about Transportation and Logistics
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.