Supply Chain Management Principles – Supply Chain Fundamentals
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Georgia Tech Professional Education.Full disclaimer.
Gain a solid foundation in the basics of supply chain and its roles within organizations. This course reviews supply chain management and the various domains within supply chain, such as customer service, manufacturing and service operations, order management, procurement and supply management, demand planning, inventory management, warehousing operations, and transportation operations. You will learn how the supply chain supports your organization's strategic and financial goals.
What You Will Learn
- Supply chain concepts and technology
- Customer relations and customer service operations
- Manufacturing and service operations
- Order and inventory management
- Procurement and supply management
- Demand planning
- Warehousing and transportation operations
How You Will Benefit
- Recognize the steps in the procurement process.
- Understand that there are different types of buyer-supplier relationships.
- Learn why it is important to consider the total cost of ownership when making purchases.
- Categorize the different types of demand patterns.
- Articulate some of the key operations of a warehouse.
- Understand how different areas of product transportation affect the overall success of companies.
- Identify the challenges in establishing efficient and effective transportation processes within industries.
- Determine which modes of transportation are more cost effective in given situations and why.
- Demonstrate metrics used to measure transportation service quality and efficiency.
Who should attend
This course is designed for a wide range of professionals already in the supply chain profession as well as learners seeing to enter the field. The course is appropriate for entry level through executive level roles.